Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 23-01-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Video Game Deals

Thought I would start this thread here so we can cover any platform that we find deals for but the idea as you can tell from the title is to post any deals on video games you might find so others can take advantage of them. To start things off I've got two, Best Buy (Canada) is currently selling both Sly 2 (in-store) and Sly 3 (in store and online) for just $9.95 brand new, so if you missed out on the series back on the PS2, now is a good time to buy a copy.

On Amazon if you are one that is going to be buying BioShock 2 they have an offer for both Canadians and Americans, for Americans you can pre-order the game for $54.98 and you also get a $10 credit towards a future video game purchase on Amazon and a free Big Daddy outfit for PlayStation Home. For Canadians, Amazon.ca is offering pre-orders for $64.99 and is also offering a $10 credit towards a future video game purchase, but no Home outfit.
Old 02-02-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
well for those interested in Dawn of War 2, I believe Steam is having that game down to $29.99 on its online store
I might consider getting that one
Old 02-02-2010   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Amazon is putting a ton of PS3 games on sale for less than 20 bucks right now, I dont know why. Its older game (not super old) but good games. I just got Star Wars for 12 bucks, Tomb Raider was 11 bucks, Mirror Edge is at 12 or 14 now.

Also they currently have Brutal Legen for 30 (29.99) and some new PS3 games down to 30-40.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #4
PCN Master
Mirror's Edge is $17.82 for 360 in Canada from Amazon or the PlayStation 3 version is $29.99 (Futureshop wants $19.99), Tomb Raider is above $25 for either 360 or PS3 and isn't available from Amazon.ca. On a more positive note, if you haven't played the original BioShock yet, Amazon.ca is selling it for just $19.99 (Futureshop is as well) for the PlayStation 3, Tom Clancy's End War is just $16.99 from Amazon.ca, Army of Two: The 40th Day is $20 off at Futureshop for a price of $49.99, Fuel is $19.99 from Amazon.ca and Skate 2 is $19.99 from Futureshop.
Old 02-02-2010   #5
SuperStaff
The deals really should be universal with canada...Bioshock on American Amazon is only 18 right now.
Old 03-02-2010   #6
PCN Master
well in EA's US store, they've got some pretty good deals on Mass Effect right now for only $19.95
Old 07-02-2010   #7
PCN Master
Well if you're willing to put the pre-order in now for when it releases in August, Amazon.com is offering a $20 future credit towards your next video game purchase if you pre-order Madden NFL 11 (Amazon.com only though, Amazon.ca doesn't even have the game on their website yet). Walmart is also doing basically the same offer because the $20 credit is good on their website only, not in stores (Also only for Wal-Mart in the U.S).

EDIT: Bit of unrelated information but for anyone who buys off of Amazon.ca or just Amazon in general, watch your prices carefully, since I first posted this thread the BioShock 2 offer while still giving you a $10 credit the actual price went up to $69.99, same thing happened to me with Top Gear: Season 11, price dropped release day (although I'm still ****ed off because Americans can get Season 12 for less than Season 11 in the U.S where here it cost me over $30 but I digress), I think it was $7 and after arguing with them for a bit, ended up getting $7.91 back including taxes refunded. Along with that advice I'll post a link to a tool I use with Amazon, Timberfrog, long story short you give them the Amazon link (US or Canada) to the item you want to watch prices on, tell them when to notify you and give them an e-mail address to send the notification to.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 07-02-2010 at 10:17 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010   #8
PCN Master
I know I know, it's a double post but I wanted to bring some attention to some recent deals that have become available. First off for Canadians, Amazon.ca is offering up Uncharted 2: Among Thieves for $49.99 with free shipping, $5 cheaper than Amazon.com for Americans and cheaper than major retail outlets in Canada. Next are three deals for Americans, all are from Amazon.com, one being Darksiders on sale for $39.99, another being Assassins Creed II for $39.99 and the last one is for PC but SimCity Societies is available for just $5.73 and is eligible for free shipping if you spend more than $25 (although if you're at all interested in SimCity I would definitely recommend the SimCity box if you're willing to spend a little more since it comes with the SimCity Societies, it's expansion pack, Sim City 4 and it's expansion pack and SnapCity from the Sims Carnival, all for $19.99).

I also got one more for Canadians, Tom Clancy's EndWar is going for just $9.99 brand new from GameStop/EB Games and $4.99 used.

EDIT: Only affects PlayStation 3 owners but if you've bought Burnout Paradise and don't yet own all the DLC, or any of it for that matter, for a limited time EA is offering up every single piece of DLC into one package for just $19.99, considering some of the add-ons themselves went for $9.99 a piece, it's a steal even if you bought one or two parts already. Even better is if you don't own the game yet, as the full game with all the DLC included is being sold for $29.99 (digital copy though), new copies in stores go for $19.99 on their own.

Further EDIT: After some further looking around Amazon I did come across Halo 2 for the PC for $18.25, not a huge savings but if you want to try out Halo and have a half decent PC, not a bad way to do it.

I'm still looking for Gears of War on PC at a decent price although Amazon does have a copy for $32.99 brand new, but it's from a third party seller and hence would have another $3.99 in shipping costs.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 16-02-2010 at 10:56 PM..
Old 16-02-2010   #9
PCN Master
I saw that Burnout Paradise one, I already have a bit of dlc for that game, might get it all
Old 03-03-2010   #10
PCN Master
Well I've got two deals for Canadians for now, the last time I posted the Americans could get Assassins Creed II for $39.99, well for Canadians this time around while it's not that low, Futureshop is offering up Assassins Creed II for $49.99 till end of day March 4th. Also from Futureshop is the Fallout 3 Collector's Edition used for just $24.99 although verify with your local store if they have them in stock and it's really a collectors edition if you're interested.
Old 04-03-2010   #11
SuperStaff
Frys electronics has Brutal Legend for 19 dollars
Old 04-03-2010   #12
PCN Master
Amazon.com went and bested themselves, Assassins Creed II is $36.00 now, also Red Faction Guerrilla is $14.99-19.99 at GameStop in Canada depending if used or new, in the U.S GameStop copies are very similar, $17.99-19.99.

One other one is the AC/DC Rock Band game/track pack, you can pick it up from GameStop brand new for just $4.89.
Old 04-03-2010   #13
PCN Master
I was thinking about getting the Ac/dc track pack for rock Band 2
how long is it that price for?
Old 04-03-2010   #14
PCN Master
Pretty sure it's a regular price, I mean I got my copy at Futureshop for the same price in the summertime and all it is is a disc game containing just AC/DC songs that can be played separately and a one time use redemption code to download all the songs on the disc to your console for use with Rock Band games.
Old 04-03-2010   #15
PCN Master
so you can just use the download code to get the songs on your system and don't actually need the disc for it?
it would be cool to have some Ac/dc songs even though I don't listen to that much anymore, I like quite a few of their songs
Old 04-03-2010   #16
PCN Master
If you want to play the songs within Rock Band 2, you have to download them using the code inside the disc package, the disc is only used if you just want to play the AC/DC songs, it's basically just a miniature version of Rock Band with only their music and the music on the disc can't be transferred to your console, the download code is the only way to get the music into Rock Band 2.
Old 05-03-2010   #17
PCN Master
oh, okay thanks, I will probably get it then
Old 15-03-2010   #18
PCN Master
Well for anyone here who has been considering buying a 360 for some of the exclusives they have, now would be the time to do so, Amazon.ca is selling the XBOX 360 Arcade model for just $129.99, $70 off the normal retail price (and even adding the starter pack costs, it's still not a bad deal). Amazon.com is not running this deal though.

One other one for Canadians is Futureshop.ca and retail locations are selling Assassin's Creed II for $39.99, similar to the deals Amazon.com offered up to Americans a few times already.

EDIT: I can't believe I'm actually able to post this one but if you ever been wanting some of the classic Crash Bandicoot games on disc, Amazon.com actually has in stock according to their website, copies of the Crash Bandicoot Collector's Edition, which includes Crash Bandicoot: Warped, Crash Bash and Crash Team Racing, all for $29.99 with free Super Saver Shipping. Not a bad deal at all for some great games although I'm still amazed they still have them, I own this pack myself and I bought mine over 5 years ago, back when the PlayStation 2 was the big thing and the original PlayStation was on it's way out.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 21-03-2010 at 11:35 PM..
Old 29-03-2010   #19
PCN Master
Well in the interest of bringing up a good deal, Amazon.com is currently offering through a secret deal, BioShock 1 and 2 together for the princely sum of $50, less than the sequel costs separately. So if you haven't yet got either game, now would be the time to jump for them if you're at all interested. Even if you already own the first game but not the second it's still great because you're getting the game cheaper and you can sell or return the first game to a store for extra cash.

Also on the docket, EA is offering from the EA Store on digital download, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for just $39.98 ($10 off the normal price) and apparently you can also add the promotional code: PAXEAST842 to get another $20 off that price. So in short you can get Battlefield for just $19.98.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 29-03-2010 at 12:18 AM..
Old 29-03-2010   #20
PCN Master
Gamestop is selling an Xbox 360 Elite, 2 games and a free $50 gift card for $299.
thats a really good deal, I might actually consider it