Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 06-07-2010   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Can someone please explain "screen tearing"?

I was just over on the website "lensoftruth" and comparing some of there head2head analysis. It seemed that most of the newer games on the PS3 exhibit a high "screen tearing" percentage per frames per second. The way they illustrate it, makes it look like it is a developer issue and not a hardware issue. Am I correct in this assumption? Can someone explain "screen tearing"?
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010   #2
PCN Member
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think its when to or more frames are shown at once so you end up getting images like this:

LewisJ999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010   #3
Staff
Yeah it's what Lewis described perfectly. It doesn't happen in many console games because they are usually optimized for the system, and if it does happen, it shows how badly the game has been coded. Usually happens on PC when you have a system that is not up to spec for a certain game.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #4
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Thanks you guys on the clarification. I do see this in some games like BBC:2, COD: MW2, I even experienced it in the GOW Collection...
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote