Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
Old 09-07-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Post Your Internet Speed/Provider

Somewhat in the spirit of the thread on what cellphone provider you have (although this one is more relevant to gaming), the idea in this thread is to post your ISP and run a speed test on your Internet connection at SpeedTest.net or whatever website you want and post your results. Then forum members can compare results, brag about their amazing connection, have a few laughs at what other people can get or use this thread as an opportunity to mope/complain about their ISP.

Oh and just to start things off, here's what I can get out of my Rogers Cable connection. That speed is consistent and the connection is reliable thanks to it being a cable connection. The sad thing is that speed is not very useful as I have a freaking 60GB cap of combined download and upload usage (so you Americans with your Comcast 250GB caps can laugh at something). Oh and that costs me over $50 a month with the new Ontario HST included (thank you Robbers).

Although sooner than later things will be getting better for me because one of the best Canadian ISP's, TekSavvy is know deploying Cable Internet service running off Rogers or Videotron's networks. The advantage is, if you live in a Rogers serviced area and TekSavvy has their equipment up in your area they offer a plan with the same speeds as Rogers but with significantly more data usage (200GB and it's $10 less a month) and unlike Rogers they are also offering a unlimited plan as well. Only reason why I'm not on them, they haven't deployed to Ottawa yet (supposedly coming in the next few months) and I'm not currently paying for my Internet (free 3 moth promotion as a bonus for buying my modem).

Some say he has a long signature and long posts, all we know is he's called X_Racer1.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 09-07-2010 at 08:52 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #2
PSN ID: soldierone
I got 12MBPS connection, its steadly above it when tested. Got cable, Cox, internet with absolutely no cap on it at all. If there was a cap, id end their service and go elsewhere.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote