Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > PC Gaming
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 13-03-2010   #1
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Why is L4D popular?

Finally got to play Left 4 Dead 2 and I want to ask why its so popular? Im not saying this because of hate (as most of you know Valve sucks) but its an honest question. It was the most stupid controlled and boring game I ever played. Playing online and being the zombies sucked horribly.

Killing Floor (a 15 dollar game) had better level design and controls and its just a UE3 quick buck game. In L4D your shooting at zombies and half the time you dont even know what effect its having on them because they have no reaction at all. Almost all the guns have the same effect at one point or another.

Im pretty sure I was right all along, its just another Half Life mod that turned into a game. Like pretty much everything Valve has ever done since they do nothing without it.

Im asking because everytime i state "I hope Valve doesnt come to PS3" the one reply is "dont lie you will be buying L4D"...uhh nope
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
probably because people like to play it with friends, that's the only thing I can come up with.
I used to think it was great, until I played L4D2, then got bored of it after like 30 minutes.

one question though:
what's so wrong with Valve?
Old 13-03-2010   #3
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0tl3sl4y3r View Post
probably because people like to play it with friends, that's the only thing I can come up with.
I used to think it was great, until I played L4D2, then got bored of it after like 30 minutes.

one question though:
what's so wrong with Valve?
Because valve is a bunch of fanboys. Many fanboy remarks and business practices have came from them. Naturally, PS3 fanboys don't like them. Haha.

Ya, L4D was a let down when I played it. I mean, Nazi Zombies from Cod5 is miles better. Nazi Zombies <3
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2010   #4
SuperStaff
Exactly even Nazi Zombies had the right formula to it. I dont see how a game dedicated to that same motive can fail so miserbly at achieving it.

And I was playing it with friends. At first everyone was semi excited and begining to have fun, then everyone was yawning and just trying to get to the next step like it was a chore. We turn on COD and people are screaming at each other and actually enjoying themselves.

as for "whats wrong with Valve"
-Their lack of skills to actually develop a decent game, let alone a title on the PS3.
-The only "creative" asset that they have ever made is Portal
-Their "owner" is a jackass to everyone. When EA steps in to help with porting titles, they turn their backs midway and say EA sucks at their job when in reality it was all their own fault for not helping with a patch or source code.

Its companies like Valve that will make it impossible for the game industry to ever have the same respect as other industries. What other company acts like a bunch of children complaining about another console? You never see a Sony first party do that ever...it gets as far as "it cant run on 360 because of this" and the story ends.

You could say companies like ID software have said the same thing about the complications, but at least when someone steps in to help they approve of it and do what they can.
Old 13-03-2010   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
okay, I wasn't sure of it
but really the only thing I like that Valve does is Steam
as for L4D, I must agree with Jordan, Nazi Zombies is miles ahead
Old 13-03-2010   #6
SuperStaff
Steam isn't as bad but it still has alot of problems. Im suprised no one else has jumped into that market to give them competition yet. I mean Xbox Live could easily translate to a computer market too, they already have Zune going well. EA is already ditching Steam for Valves stupid remarks and poor service. Bad Company 2 currently doesnt work on Steam at all, its all run by EA.
Old 13-03-2010   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Technically there is competition, Impulse exists but since Steam has been there since 2003, most people are familiar with it it or at least have heard about it where and it is necessary to play several PC games, they have the market cornered. Impulse on the other hand was only created in 2008 and obviously doesn't have the word of mouth, history, reputation, access to gamers or the name of a "famous" publisher attached to it.
Old 13-03-2010   #8
SuperStaff
Thats the thing, if Microsoft said "hey check out Microsoft Dream" or something and it interconnected with Live and what not, people would migrate to it in a heartbeat. Absolutely no doubt to that at all.

Then you have Sony that wants PSN to be universal on all kinds of gadgets, if they truly wanted that shouldnt PC be the first step?