Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > PC Gaming
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 17-03-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Apparently Best Buy/Futureshop Think You're Dumb

Why would you say I believe that's the case, because they are offering a Rank my PC tool on their websites to say if you're computer is slow and you should upgrade to something else. Now for s***** and giggles I ran the tool on my current Intel Core 2 Quad powered laptop and here are the results. To put it short, no one should rely on this tool and if you do, you are a blind fool.

As you can see, not a perfect score but not bad. Now here's the funny part (well it's funny if you know about computer specs and are up on current Intel processors), the "upgrades" suggested.

The desktops are indeed an "upgrade" although considering I ran the test on a laptop, should that be an indication I don't need a desktop. Anyway when I noticed those two laptops I about burst out laughing, both have integrated Intel graphics, both have less processing power in terms of the amount of processing cores, both have slower hard drives and only one has more RAM and by their own stupid scores, one of them is ranked lower. So by what measure is that an "upgrade".

If anyone else wants to try out the tool and post their results, it's found here, knowing some of the machines forum members have it would be interesting to see what happens.