Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 20-09-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
SCEA Takes a Jab at Microsoft

In a rather uncharacteristic move for Sony during a recent interview on The[A]ListDaily, Peter Dille, SCEA Senior Vice President of Marketing mentioned the following:

"We've never been reliant on one product genre like one of our competitors"

Not the most earth-shattering statement ever, but it's definitely a jab at the apparent Microsoft strategy for the 360, throw as many shooters out as possible. A point further driven home with the statement preceding that one pointing out the amount of variety in the PS3 lineup, from Killzone 2 to EyePet. It's definitely a refreshing change to see Sony standing up and saying something about their competitors, even if it is subtle.
Old 20-09-2010   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Its funny, Sony is like the quiet kid in the corner of the classroom. Everyone makes fun of him, teases him, then one day he suddenly steps up out shines the class and becomes a famous person cus he was just focusing on his work the whole time.

Its true, whens the last time youve seen 360 have a major release that wasnt a shooter? Fable? cant really name any others. Sony is just like yeah give us medal of honor content, we have Resistance and Killzone stored in the back, lets go try other things.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
That is one of the reasons why i like the PS3 so much as well though there is just a whole lot more variety in the games than just shooters, i mean yeah the 360 does have other stuff but not rreally a whole lot i would actually want to play
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #4
PCN Member
I think sony have the best line up of racing games because it has most of the multiplatform racing games, but It also has wipeout, modnation racers, gran turismo, and motorstorm.

But PS3 has the most variety by far.
LewisJ999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #5
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
They experinemnt. which made them suffer early on, but made them a powerhouse at this stage. I mean Xbox just brought known names with them, people knew what they were and went with it. Now Halo is kinda milked, Bungie isnt even making it anymore, and they only have Gears as a solid new name.

PS3 has like Resistance, Uncharted, LBP, etc...Then at this stage those are all becoming big, the studios are getting known instead of the games, and now they bring back the good ole names. Socom, Twisted Metal, Ratchet etc...This leads into next generation where people trust the studio, not the product, so they can experiment again and still achieve success.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I agree with Dustin.
I mean, sure you can bring the "big names" with you and milk them.
that works in the short run but soon or later, people will get sick of them being milked because those games will be the same old thing over and over again, just with updated maps and graphics.

sure Sony's plan was slow in the short run but look at how popular their games are getting because of how innovative games, like the Uncharted series and Little Big Planet just to name a few