Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 26-09-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Two New Greatest Hits Coming

Yes, for anyone looking at either MAG or Borderlands, you might just want to wait a little longer as both titles are joining the PS3 Greatest Hits library at the low price of $29.99.

Out of the two though the timing on MAG is perfect as the price cut also comes just before the release of the big MAG 2.0 patch. On the other hand the Borderlands release will not include any of the DLC available, so it might be a better idea to wait for the rumored Game of the Year Edition, which will include all of the DLC. Either way it's a good deal for either of these games.
Old 26-09-2010   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
How is MAG that popular? Like everyone I know doesn't like it.

Also why isn't Killzone 2 a Greatest Hit yet lol. Resistance made it so I know its not because of the M rating. Its just odd that the only game Sony has been hyping the hell out of isn't even on the list when a title like Resistance, which got overshadowed by Killzone, makes it.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010   #3
PCN Master
Killzone 2 is a greatest hit, has been since April, see the PlayStation Blog entry for it. It became a Greatest Hit at the same time as inFamous, LittleBigPlanet and the God of War Collection.
Old 26-09-2010   #4
SuperStaff
My bad, never seen it as a greatest hits anywhere.
Old 26-09-2010   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
how is MAG a greatest hit?
I'm one of the few people I know who has ever had it, and when I played it, it was so hard to find a match online
Old 27-09-2010   #6
SuperStaff
im pretty sure it being a sony first party has alot to do with it. Unless it completely bombs and is totally un believable, sony is most likely going to market their games like this no matter what.
Old 27-09-2010   #7
PCN Master
Actually it's more because the criteria is not hard to hit to become a Greatest Hit, all a game has to do is be on the market for 10 months and sell at least 500,000 copies. MAG hit that sales figure back in February so the only thing was the 10 month mark, which we are coming up on, hence the release now.
Old 27-09-2010   #8
SuperStaff
The thing is, how many titles have done that but have yet to see a Greatest Hits release. Its a deal between Sony and the publisher. Thats why third parties are less likely to see it. I mean Ubisoft does a good job of re releasing greatest hits titles, but COD for example? MW and MW2 have yet to see it, granted i dont think its been exactly 10 months just yet for MW2.

I already know MOH will see it since EA and Sony are buddy buddy with that game. Yet I honestly believe being a first party they are given an edge. For example, MAG sells more, Sony gets more money, so they throw it into Greatest Hits the second sales go down or they want to spike interest. Meanwhile third parties would need to negotiate a deal.
Old 27-09-2010   #9
PCN Master
I'm surprised that MW and MW2 haven't seen it yet.
I think MAG had a lot of interest before the beta came out because of how new the concept was and people liked it when it first came out because it was different then MW2 but then after a while, you got the same old bull**** that you did in MW2 but even worse because there was more players, plus even more problems.

they're probably trying to increase interest for the patch that will be "fixing" MAG
Old 28-09-2010   #10
SuperStaff
I guess MW and WaW was added with MAG. However my point stands. MW should of been added last year, WaW got there pretty fast and has been out almost two years. MW2 hasn't seen it and its been 10 months in September (around the same time MAG hit 10).
Old 28-09-2010   #11
PCN Master
Modern Warfare 2 will make it for sure, even though i hate the game
Old 29-09-2010   #12
PCN Master
This is Activision, unlike the other publishers they waited to sell as many copies as possible of the game at full price or slightly reduced prices before making them Greatest Hits, since Modern Warfare did much better in terms of long term sales vs. World at War it's not surprising that both are becoming Greatest Hits just now. Modern Warfare 2 won't be a Greatest Hit for at least another year, if not more.
Old 29-09-2010   #13
SuperStaff
Thus everyone should buy it used, that way Activision see's no sales and lowers the price.
Old 29-09-2010   #14
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Thus everyone should buy it used, that way Activision see's no sales and lowers the price.
that's what I've been saying for a while now, we shouldn't give them more money because they're such a stupid company
Old 30-09-2010   #15
SuperStaff
Yeah but they targeted the right audience, just like Wii. The idiots that will gobble anything up with the name on it. You could throw COD on a used Toilet Paper sheet and people would spend 15 bucks on it.