Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion > Technical Support
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 02-01-2008   #1
"The New Guy"
Trouble playing music on PS3

My son got a PS3 for Christmas but can't figure out how to play music on it. We've copied music onto the PS3 ok, but we just cannot figure out how to play music and games at the same time, the music will play but as soon as you start a game the music stops.

There is no info in the manual regarding playing music etc.

Can anybody tell me how to do it?
Teletubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #2
The Moderator
You cant, as soon as you boot into a game, the music stops, because you dont want to listen to music, you want to hear the ambience encoded into the game, to be able to hear the enviroment and your moves, not the music.
Old 02-01-2008   #3
"The New Guy"
Thanks for replying. So if it isn't possible to play music AND a game at the same time, then there is no point to being able to store and play music at all on the PS3, it's a totally useless feature.

There are many games where the music or sound is crap (football games for instance all have rubbish music and annoying commentary) and so I assumed the music facility must be there so as users could opt for their own choice of music whilst playing games.

Ah well, never mind, but I am very disappointed. The PS3 is a fantastic console, my son has stayed with Sony from PSone, to PS2 and PSP and now to PS3, but despite it being a great console with some fantastic games, there are always a few disappointments and this music feature that you can't use is one of them (whoever was responsible for that should be sacked), other disappointments are that Sony as usual are forcing people to buy extras at great expense (we bought 3 adaptors to allow PS2 controllers to work only to find that there are games that won't work without a Sixaxis controller so we had no choice but to go and buy extra sixaxis controllers at an extortionate ?28 each, ?28 quid for a controller that as usual with Sony doesn't even have a turbo button), on the plus side though it's great that they've finally had the sense to make multitaps unnecessary.
Teletubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #4
The Moderator
One game supports it, Super Stardust on the PSN Store.

The Music feature will eventually come.

Why use crusty old PS2 controllers? I used an adaptor for about a week, then went and bought another sixaxis. Hope you didnt just buy them, new controller is out soon, with rumble.

Music feature is because many people have the PS3 in there home cinema, so being able to store music is a great feature, i use it all the time!
Old 01-09-2008   #5
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletubby View Post
My son got a PS3 for Christmas but can't figure out how to play music on it. We've copied music onto the PS3 ok, but we just cannot figure out how to play music and games at the same time, the music will play but as soon as you start a game the music stops.

There is no info in the manual regarding playing music etc.

Can anybody tell me how to do it?
the ps3 doesnt really support in game music yet. give it a month or two. some games like high velocity bowling and sshd now have it, but the rest dont.
nabokovfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #6
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
Its not up to sony to support ingame Music,
its up to the developers.
since sony introduced this late (Being able to access xmb buttons during ps3 titles only)
all games that have been released before wont be able to support music unless you want to download a 2gb update
all future games should have the feature if the developers wish
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #7
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italianboy4life View Post
Its not up to sony to support ingame Music,
its up to the developers.
since sony introduced this late (Being able to access xmb buttons during ps3 titles only)
all games that have been released before wont be able to support music unless you want to download a 2gb update
all future games should have the feature if the developers wish
either way, it is something that the 360 has built into the OS, and the ps3 doesnt. that is all i am saying.
nabokovfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote