Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 11-06-2009   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Deal of the Day

Pick up a PS3 for $349.99 at Amazon.com. Better hurry its just for today. I see alot of members wanting to pick up a PS3. Today is a good day to do it.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #2
PCN Senior
I'm a little confused why people with no PS3s would troll a PS3 community site...
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #3
PCN Member
PSN ID: Az1zam
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIN View Post
I'm a little confused why people with no PS3s would troll a PS3 community site...
I agree on that one.
Az1zam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #4
PCN Addict
Ein you said your self in another post earlier this year.

"lol don't assume that! I know of a couple people who come here and don't have PS3s"
I took this comment from your post on the "What PS3 do you have?" thread in the Playstion 3 Discussions forum.
Old 12-06-2009   #5
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by glen421 View Post
Ein you said your self in another post earlier this year.

"lol don't assume that! I know of a couple people who come here and don't have PS3s"
I took this comment from your post on the "What PS3 do you have?" thread in the Playstion 3 Discussions forum.
Ya, that was aimed at a buddy of mine who started posting everywhere to help our mutual friend Michal out on this website. He was my neighbor, never owned a PS3 in his life. You'll find his name on that thread too... I'll let you guess who. It was odd that he'd input so much without ever owning a ps3 at all
Old 12-06-2009   #6
PCN Addict
Does he own one now?
Old 12-06-2009   #7
PCN Addict
Also forgot to add that because of the Amazon deal yesterday the PS3 is #1 in video game sales. A 2400% increase
Old 12-06-2009   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Quote:
Also forgot to add that because of the Amazon deal yesterday the PS3 is #1 in video game sales. A 2400% increase
wowzers, pretty steep
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #9
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
If a $50 temporary price cut can cause that kind of jump in sales, just imagine what will happen if Sony cuts the price of the console by $100 for good. They should be flying off store shelves and the PlayStation 3 might end up giving the XBOX 360 a well deserved move to third place in console sales. Come on Sony, if this is any indication of what a price cut can do, isn't now the time to do it, there's plenty waiting for it.
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009   #10
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
yeah agree with racer that is pretty awesome. but it has been speculated that the PS3 will see a price cut around august.
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009   #11
PCN Senior
Quote:
Does he own one now?
No. He's still a bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
yeah agree with racer that is pretty awesome. but it has been speculated that the PS3 will see a price cut around august.
Again... source please
Old 13-06-2009   #12
PCN Master
http://www.ps3center.net/news/3167/p...-say-analysts/

they are saying that around the time that Madden comes out the PS3 should be seeing a price cut
Old 14-06-2009   #13
PCN Senior
Pure rumors... ANALYSTS claim that, but they are just paid guesswork guys. Nothing official has been said by Sony itself, so don't base a claim on professional corporate guesswork till we hear Sony actually annouce it
Old 14-06-2009   #14
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
If i was Sony id just drop the price mid October, 299, and keep it there for the holidays. Call it "Holiday Price cut" or something. That will 1 cause people to hurry and buy it, knowing it will disapear 2 they can just raise it back up in Jan. Look at the numbers, decide if it was worth it, and if it was just go ahead and drop it back down in the summer.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2009   #15
PCN Master
@EIN

if you read my eariler post i said it was SPECULATED meaning that it didnt come from sony that an "analyst" is saying this COULD happen.

@Dustin

i think that would be probably the best thing SONY could do right for them and for the consumer cuz then they dont really lose anything by doing it and the consumers gain a PS3 at a cheaper price
Old 15-06-2009   #16
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
@EIN

if you read my eariler post i said it was SPECULATED meaning that it didnt come from sony that an "analyst" is saying this COULD happen.

@Dustin

i think that would be probably the best thing SONY could do right for them and for the consumer cuz then they dont really lose anything by doing it and the consumers gain a PS3 at a cheaper price
Again your lack of punctuation leaves me confused with your sentence

and Sony loses money on EXISTING ps3 sales... dropping the price would further hamper their figures. What they shoudl be thinking of is dropping future software sales and dev kits, in order to bring in newer devs and increase the breadth and scope of upcoming games
Old 15-06-2009   #17
PCN Addict
Remember people Sony is a "for profit organization".

I actually think if Sony was to immediately drop the price it would underscore the quality of the PS3. I'm not saying it doesn't deserve one in the future, I'm just saying that Sony is known for high price and very good quality. We've come to except it. If the PS3, all of a sudden came out at $250.00 then people would not consider it a "Luxury item" or really "next gen". Which is were it stands now. Just look at the 360 at $200 for instance, do you look at it as "next gen" or just another gaming console. I know what I think of it. If you look at all 3 consoles individually (do I need to go down the list of features) you can see where the quality is and what you get for the money. Also look at what having the most console sales gets you just look at some of the titles coming out on the WII and DS. Who thinks of these things? I don't know about you but do you think the PS3 needs a cheerleader game?

If Sony were to drop the price over time (which is looking like their master plan) I think that is a heck of a lot better (PR wise, thinking big picture) than a price drop tomorrow. Also price is perception, me being a gamer and somewhat of a gadget whore I can appreciate the PS3 for what it is,so I didn't mind paying the money. But that's just me.