Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Site Support > Database
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 08-11-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
virus on this site?

whenever I try to go on the forums using Firefoz, it keeps blocking the site, telling me that "this site has been flagged as an attack page" and could harm my computer.

is it just firefox because I can get on here okay using Internet Explorer without it telling me that
Old 09-11-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I did bring up this issue previously, but basically what happens is by default Firefox uses Google's malware/bad website servers which are updated by Google when they scan websites for malware/bad websites. So whenever you visit a page in Firefox, it's checked against Google's servers to see if Google thinks there's a problem with the page. If it does, you get the warning you've been seeing. If you just want to shut that error up, using IE is an option or you can turn off this feature in Firefox by going to the Tools Menu, then select Options. Once the Options menu opens, choose Security, and then uncheck the Block Reported Attack Sites option. This disables the Google security check and you can browser the forums without seeing the alert. Keep in mind though, turning off this protection does open you to other threats since then nothing is being checked.

As to why this would happen is really a fault of the system Google employs, for if a website is subject to an attack or even ads that are malicious, neither at the fault of the website itself and Google happens to scan the website at that bad moment, it gets blacklisted by Google and often it takes quite a bit of effort to get whitelisted by Google, even after correcting any issues.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 09-11-2010 at 11:17 AM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010   #3
PCN Master
okay, I fixed it and unchecked that part
Old 10-11-2010   #4
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
I'm surprised we haven't heard from any of the PS3center staff concerning this issue. They should atleast tell members that it is safe/unsafe to visit the site. IMO....
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #5
PCN Master
It's definitely odd, although I've just realized, only the forums are being targeted by Google by this warning, at least in my experience, visit any other part of PS3Center.net outside of the forums and you won't see that warning in Firefox, no matter if the protection is turned on or not.

That being said, it would be nice if someone on the staff could give a concrete explanation for everything that is going on right now and whether it is safe for all users to come here (I'm not terribly worried as I run far greater protection that most users, have up to date software all around and have plans in place in case of an infection). Well that and a rough timeframe for the process of fixing this problem (I say rough because I know Google is unpredictable in lifting a website from the blacklist).
Old 10-11-2010   #6
PCN Master
that is the only part I had trouble accessing, the forums, but I would like an explanation too, just to be sure there's nothing I should worry about
Old 10-11-2010   #7
Staff
The issue seems to have gone now, because Chrome was blocking me originally and it doesn't seem to be now.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #8
PCN Master
Issue still exists for Firefox users as when the Block attack websites feature is on, the exact same Google alert appears as we have already been getting. Doesn't matter if I use the Firefox 4 beta or the stable current release, 3.6.1.2.
Old 11-11-2010   #9
Staff
Yep, it's back for me too. It's not a virus false positive as always.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #10
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
I'm not getting that "google" warning anymore on Firefox....Awesome...that was a pain in the arse...
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote