Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
View Poll Results: What do you think of Windows Vista?
Best operating system ever! 0 0%
It's not bad. Better than XP. 5 55.56%
Worst than XP. 3 33.33%
I hate it! Waste of money! 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-03-2009   #1
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: MoeKz
Windows Vista..

I hate it! It's so annoying! Every time I'm on the Internet, it never responds! I also heard Vista was 10% slower than XP. What is that? Shouldn't the newer product be better than the old? And I hate it when it always asks me if a certain program or application can access the Internet. Yesterday, it asked me if Windows Media Player can access the Internet. What's wrong Microsoft? Don't trust your own program?

Now I don't COMPLETELY hate Vista. It has some pretty cool features. It just would've have been improved.

So what do you guys think of Vista? Waste of money? Better than XP? Windows just sucks in general?

PSN: MoeKz
MoeKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009   #2
PCN Member
PSN ID: snakes_pit
Honestly haven't had any issues with it. The only problem I've had is with Internet Explorer, but I use Google Chrome anyway it doesn't bother me. And it's definitely faster than when I had XP, but that's probably more the new computer and not the OS.

Just set the security settings to automatic, or save your response so it won't ask you more than once for a certain program.
Snakepit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009   #3
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
I run Vista basic and I haven't had too many major problems with it. That's not to say I like it or anything though. It's slow, clunky, and not as fun as it should be.

But despite all the hate surrounding Vista and Windows in general, I'm really looking forward to Windows 7. It seems so much more stable than Vista plus a million other things.

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I have Vista as well, I don't necessarily hate it, but I don't love. It's slow, but I haven't had any major problems with it
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
i have not really had any problems with it but 7 is pretty sweet and quite a bit faster to
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I have had Vista since just a few months after it's release and while it's not perfect, no operating system is, it's definitely been my favorite Microsoft OS to date because it's secure, while some may complain about UAC, I prefer it since I know that no major changes can happen unless I specifically allow them. Internet Explorer is a pain though, but that's easy to fix, just install another browser. For me it's Firefox and with that going Vista is the perfect operating system for my needs and it will be on my next computer as I going to end up buying it a few months before Windows 7 comes out, though I've been trying out the Windows 7 Release Candidate and it definitely will be a great operating system.
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #7
PCN Master
yea i agree i also like Vista better than XP but the only problem is the compatbility issues for me but i havent had much of a problem with them. and 7 is pretty sweet i mean it is alot like Vista to me but has a few extra features that are nice
Old 12-06-2009   #8
PCN Member
PSN ID: Az1zam
I like Vista, it works, that's all I need to care for. Not my favorite OS, but a good OS nonetheless.
Az1zam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #9
PCN Master
i am suprised that more people like this better than XP
Old 12-06-2009   #10
PCN Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
i am suprised that more people like this better than XP
Explain why you are surprised.
Old 12-06-2009   #11
PCN Master
just because of all the bad press and all the ragging on Vista i mean i personally like it better but i know ALOT of people that dont
Old 12-06-2009   #12
PCN Member
Quote:
just because of all the bad press and all the ragging on Vista i mean i personally like it better but i know ALOT of people that dont
A major issue with Vista was that brands sold pre-built PCs with Vista on them.

What was the problem?

The hardware was not compatible with each other, brands' fault. With that on your mind, expect lots of errors and crashes. If you got a PC where the parts are compatible with each other, it works perfectly fine. It's really fast - well, perhaps because I've boosted it a lot.

I guess the press and everyone else finally understood how to use Vista properly and eventually learned to like it. Or perhaps the Internet grew tired of reading "we hate Vista news" all the time.

But in the end, it works and it's good. I don't see why XP is better, looking forward to Windows 7 though, more support for gaming.
Old 12-06-2009   #13
PCN Master
yea i got 7 on the computer i am on right now. it is alot like Vista but with a few minor tweaks (looks) but seems to work pretty well
Old 12-06-2009   #14
PCN Member
Quote:
yea i got 7 on the computer i am on right now. it is alot like Vista but with a few minor tweaks (looks) but seems to work pretty well
It looks like Vista because it is the expansion of Vista. Call it Windows Vista Improved if you like.

Windows 7 takes the build from Vista and improves it, and there you go.
Old 12-06-2009   #15
PCN Master
well yea i kinda figured before i saw 7 that that is exactly wat the next operating system would be. but then i know someone that works for Microsoft and she said that 7 was Drastically different from Vista