Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
View Poll Results: will the PS3 catch up to the 360 in sales
yes 8 66.67%
no 0 0%
only time will tell 3 25.00%
who cares? 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
think the PS3 will ever catch up to the 360 in sales?

with the increase in sales after the slim PS3 was released, do you think the PS3 could catch up to the 360 in sales?
I think it possibly could.
do you think it will matter though?
I don't really care if it catches up because I know that I made the right choice for my interests in gaming.
what will an increase in sales mean for the PS3?
Old 08-02-2010   #2
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Overall, yes. In North America, no.

/my two cents
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
i believe it will catch teh 360 but it wont really do much for anything and really does not matter that much i just really like to see the Playstation brand win every generation.
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
If they do catch the 360 it will be for one reason, the PlayStation 3 plays Blu-Ray discs, similar to the PlayStation 2 at one point being one of the cheapest DVD players on the market and it played games, how much better could it get. The PlayStation 3 has that ace up it's sleeve and with HDTV sales on the rise and Blu-Ray disc prices falling, we could see more and more PlayStation 3's being sold simply for the fact it is still one of the best Blu-Ray players on the market, has been able to be upgraded for every change in the Blu-Ray specification and is still decently priced as a Blu-Ray player.

So could we win in sales of course, in terms of an audience though, I think the 360 will always have more people, online or just gaming in general because if you're buying a 360, most likely you're buying it for games, not DVD's where the PlayStation 3 is always going to have a large part of it's sales with people who will never use it as a gaming machine.
Old 09-02-2010   #5
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Like jordan said worldwide yes, U.S. no....
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #6
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
Last yr was one of the best yrs for PS3 software wise. First party developers threw up fantastic sequels, and uncharted 2 won every award possible. 2 yrs back i would have said that the ps3 will sell most probably as the cheapest blu ray player. but not anymore. It is coming into its own as a game console, and we are going to see bing things this yr too, with gt5, heavy rain, gow3 and last guardian.
Also third party folks are catching up with developing on the ps3, batman was at par with the 360, castlevania is using the ps3 as the core platform for development and so on. I am positive that ps3 will start breathing down the 360's neck very very soon. I am not sure what the figures are in the US, but atleast worldwide.

I dont know if this article inspired the topic but here goes: Playstation 3: the comeback kid?
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #7
1337 Sauce
Yes, overall..
saxxon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #8
PCN Member
PSN ID: Riarwe
As many have said, worldwide yes and in the US? probably not. I would be really impressed with Sony if they managed to get more sales for the ps3 than the 360 in lifetime sales (in the US) but nothing short of a miracle can help.
Time will tell if Sony`s idea of "a long race" will help them in the end, i`m rooting for them and i`m also a proud ps3 owner with all the special exclusives coming.
Surpassing 360 sales or not, as long as Sony keeps these games coming I will be one happy gamer.
Riarwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #9
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
If they do catch the 360 it will be for one reason, the PlayStation 3 plays Blu-Ray discs, similar to the PlayStation 2 at one point being one of the cheapest DVD players on the market and it played games, how much better could it get. The PlayStation 3 has that ace up it's sleeve and with HDTV sales on the rise and Blu-Ray disc prices falling, we could see more and more PlayStation 3's being sold simply for the fact it is still one of the best Blu-Ray players on the market, has been able to be upgraded for every change in the Blu-Ray specification and is still decently priced as a Blu-Ray player.

So could we win in sales of course, in terms of an audience though, I think the 360 will always have more people, online or just gaming in general because if you're buying a 360, most likely you're buying it for games, not DVD's where the PlayStation 3 is always going to have a large part of it's sales with people who will never use it as a gaming machine.
yeah, that's what a lot of people say that the 360 is better for games but the PS3 is better for everything else, while I disagree, it seems to be whats happening, like you said, people are getting the 360 for its games but people are getting the PS3 for a cheap blu-ray player
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Last yr was one of the best yrs for PS3 software wise. First party developers threw up fantastic sequels, and uncharted 2 won every award possible. 2 yrs back i would have said that the ps3 will sell most probably as the cheapest blu ray player. but not anymore. It is coming into its own as a game console, and we are going to see bing things this yr too, with gt5, heavy rain, gow3 and last guardian.
Also third party folks are catching up with developing on the ps3, batman was at par with the 360, castlevania is using the ps3 as the core platform for development and so on. I am positive that ps3 will start breathing down the 360's neck very very soon. I am not sure what the figures are in the US, but atleast worldwide.

I dont know if this article inspired the topic but here goes: Playstation 3: the comeback kid?
I must have gotten my PS3 at the right time lol, last year seemed to be it's best year, with all of the amazing titles coming out and this year's gonna be better. the slim really helped it as well.

I had never even read that article, thanks for the link.
I was just reading somewhere else, I think it was game spot, a whole bunch of fanboys were arguing about if the ps3 will catch up to the 360 in sales
Old 09-02-2010   #10
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
defo! they are around 5 million behind 360 in total now :) so i can see them catching up! by 2011 they will probably lead in consoles.. depending on microsoft if they rush a new console our upgraded console containing blu-ray out :)

and like said maybe not in the U.S but an overall(worldwide) takeover is still better than one continent imo :D