Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 31-08-2009   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
Backbreaker what do you guys think about it so far??

i was just looking at some games that are gonna come out in the future and i came across backbreaker.

i think its pretty cool i really like the idea of use a physics engine for the tackles and stuff we wont see the same animation tackles like in madden

so what do u guys think about this game

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009   #2
PCN Addict
umm not a very amusing thread?? cuz no one seems to be posting

Old 01-09-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
it was an interesting idea but from what i have seen from the game it just seems like a demo of the technology but those were earlier builds and i want them to have NFL teams but the cant cuz of EA so w/e but i think it will be an interesting experiment for them. and i dont think that there are alot of football fans on these boards
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #4
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Simply said, most fans of football are not fans of football they are fans of the NFL and nothing more. They have tried starting other football leagues and so many other things, but people didnt care and they all failed badly. Thats why EA is getting in trouble for holding the NFL rights, because anything that isnt NFL wont last.

This game is no differnt. Kind of reminds me of NFL blitz, the times of Blitz are long gone and they wont be coming back anytime soon. Especiall with Madden being pretty good lately.

When your a fan of NHL your a fan of hockey, Baseball is more than MLB, basketball is more than NBA, NFL is NFL and College football thats it nothing else. Fans could care less about actual football as long as the cowboys are in it.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Why do you think the CFL gets no coverage outside Canada, let alone any attention inside Canada for that matter, the NFL supports the darn league and it's just the playing ground for all the people who were rejected by the NFL, the devoted fans go for sure but normal football fan basically would sit at home and watch the NFL, nothing has come close, they have their name so glued to football you pretty much can't ignore it, so unless it carries the damn name, it doesn't sell. No other professional league is so tied to their sport, mainly because most of them are run by imbeciles that just can't get that kind of attach rate (i.e Formula 1 (Mad Max and Bernie), NHL (Gary "Butthead" Bettman, etc.). Well I'm done with my rant.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 02-09-2009 at 12:55 AM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #6
PCN Master
Why do you think the Arena Football League went under? nobody was going to the games and they couldnt support themselves anymore but i like football i just dont ever see anything other than NFL and College because that is what is on tv but i more like to watch my teams and play as my teams but Dustin Blitz is back its Blitz the league and they just came out with a Blitz the league 2
Old 02-09-2009   #7
SuperStaff
Yeah its also not selling too hot last time i heard haha. Midway is like a sinking ship because all their games were trends that are no longer lasting. They rode the Mortal Kombat and Blitz train as far as they possibly could, now its out of gas and they need to build a new one.

As for Arena Football it went under? I actually enjoyed watching that, mainly because the Rattlers were actually good. We also got free tickets to see em when we go to Coyotes games haha. Now we get free Lacrosse tickets.
Old 02-09-2009   #8
PCN Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
it was an interesting idea but from what i have seen from the game it just seems like a demo of the technology but those were earlier builds and i want them to have NFL teams but the cant cuz of EA so w/e but i think it will be an interesting experiment for them. and i dont think that there are alot of football fans on these boards
true if this game had NFL teams im pretty sure people would buy it (and not so many exaggerated hits lol) i really like that they are integrating this technology into a football game *sighs but i really wish EA would accept some competition and stop hoggin the freaking license

Old 02-09-2009   #9
SuperStaff
You cant blame EA though. The NFL created the license and forced it onto the game industry, at which EA and 2K fought for it. Just in basic terms, if EA didnt hold it then 2K would and we would all be mad at them for holding it.
Old 02-09-2009   #10
PCN Master
That's why that recent lawsuit against the monopoly in NFL games should really be directed at the NFL, EA said it themselves, the NFL wanted that exclusive license and EA's bid was the highest, hence they won it, although I'm sure they aren't arguing about the fact they are the only show in town, no competition means they do have to put less effort in for the next game, but regardless it's really the NFL to blame. Although I did read somewhere that a challenge by EA to have the lawsuit dropped was rejected by a judge so it is proceeding to trial.
Old 02-09-2009   #11
SuperStaff
Judges have been really stupid lately, they must be bored or something lol. I heard some gaming lawsuit over something extremely bull (forgot what it was) and the judge accepted it and went to trial with it haha. I guess the lack of making fun of jack thomspon is getting to them now.

I think if anything happens the NFL will need to reform the contract to allow licensing to other companies (similar to how the NHL handled it) and pay back money to EA (unless they wait till 2012 when the contract expires). However if that happens im sure EA wont be sitting back smiling about the MLB license they lost to 2K and MVP baseball will be back, finally The Show will have some decent competition.

btw i keep reading your sig, did you ever get those 4 shards lol. I got about a billion to go.
Old 02-09-2009   #12
PCN Master
No and I have gone through the entire city systematically trying to find them, I even crossed them off digitally on a digital map of the city I have on my computer, really annoys me because I basically otherwise have all the major inFamous trophies, except finishing the game on inFamous, the stunt trophies and buying all the upgrades available. I even finished the game on Hard on my first playthrough, the second is being done on Easy and Evil. Without that trophy it joins the list of games I don't have a platinum in, the only other game I'm even close is Midnight Club: Los Angeles, 3 trophies separate me from Platinum, otherwise any of the other 14 games I own have less than 54% completion for trophies.
Old 02-09-2009   #13
PCN Master
well yeah im pretty srue that the AFL went under last i heard unless they got some new financing or something but last i heard they were no more. but when EA got the contract wasnt 2K making an NFL game? but either way it woudl be ncie to see 2K and EA making an NFL game or at least Sony taking at shot at it but idk how the contract works cuz i know 2K has exclusive MLB contract but that doesnt include first party studios so that is why Sony can make their but basically they just said yeah everyone but EA can make one
Old 02-09-2009   #14
SuperStaff
2K was making ESPN series with Sega I believe. That or it was just NFL 2k whatever year it is that year. They were cheap shotting Madden by offering their game at 30 to 40 bucks brand new, so more people were jumping on their wagon because they didnt want to fork out the 60 for Madden.

They hold the MLB license, but the only other company making baseball games is Sony because they are first party. There is nothing 2K can do about it because if they throw a fit then Sony straight up says "ok, goodbye" and offers MLB The Show only. The Bigs is a 2K sports game and sucks just as bad as their original game lol, MVP baseball was extremely good, but thats EA.
Old 02-09-2009   #15
PCN Master
Back when the 2K NFL games were coming out, 2K was just the name of the series, but after the game came out, Take Two purchased Visual Concepts (the developers of the 2K NFL games) from Sega and eventually turned them into the developer called 2K Games which now releases The Bigs and games like BioShock.
Old 03-09-2009   #16
SuperStaff
Here you go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN_NFL_2K
in 2005 it was ESPN 2k5 because of the combination and what not and was only 19.99 and a very good game at that. The funny thing is both Sony and MS had studios with first party football games and both went under, 989 Sports for Sony.