Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 07-02-2009   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
What game would you like to have remade for the PS3

Is there a game you'd like to see remade for the PS3, or maybe a game you would like to see have a sequel made for the PS3?

For me, it would have to be a remake or a sequel to Legend of the Dragoon. I feel in love with the game when it come out and continued playing it for a few years off and on.. There is so much they could do with that world.

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #2
PCN Member
PSN ID: machado4
The Warriors!!!
machado4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #3
PCN Member
PSN ID: machado4
Newer missions and bigger world would make that game insane!
machado4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #4
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Tacitcal_Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by machado4 View Post
Newer missions and bigger world would make that game insane!
Double Post lol Jokes

Back to the Thread, For A remake I'd LOVE to see is Either Breath of Fire IV or My Fav RPG, LEGEND OF THE DRAGOON
Old 08-02-2009   #5
PCN Senior
Final Fantasy 7

There

I said it
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009   #6
PCN Addict
FF VII? w00t! yeah, i'd love to see it remade too. And FF II, but without Yo****aka Amano working on it, the characters and monsters just wouldn't be the same..

LMAO!!! we have a curse word blocker thingy? thats so cool! the s word is in his name btw.. if you haven't figured it out

Last edited by lloyd; 08-02-2009 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: funnies...
Old 08-02-2009   #7
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIN View Post
Final Fantasy 7

There

I said it
AHH Don't bring this Battle to these Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
FF VII? w00t! yeah, i'd love to see it remade too. And FF II, but without Yo****aka Amano working on it, the characters and monsters just wouldn't be the same..

LMAO!!! we have a curse word blocker thingy? thats so cool! the s word is in his name btw.. if you haven't figured it out
FFII is an awesome game, But Why not any other game beside Final Fantasy (WE HAVE TO MANY FINAL FANTASY TITLES) I want to change mine To Legend of Legaia
Old 08-02-2009   #8
PCN Addict
Yeah, there are a lot of FF games out there, because FF has a large fan base that it has awkward over the last 20+ years. It's my favorite game and I think FF VII could benefit the most out of the series by having an update so to speak. With all the other FF's I felt that they portrayed the world that they wanted to even with the technical restraints, but with FF VII i felt that they didn't get it the way they wanted, so if they remake it we can see what they really wanted to show us.

I'm not saying they shouldn't remake other games, I'm simply tossing out the names of the ones i'd like to see. I only want games to be remade if they could actually be improved upon with the next-gen consoles. I love Tenchu 2, Spyro, and other old PS1 titles. But I don't really think they would truly benefit from a remake. Sure they would be great and all, but the old PS1 versions did nothing wrong and didn't feel like it was restricted by the power of the PS1.

Old 09-02-2009   #9
PCN Senior
FF7 won't be remade, there are too many derivative games off of it already
It might make more sense to redo 8 since they've redone all the FF before 7 onto the PS1 already
Old 09-02-2009   #10
PCN Addict
They have already gotten up to that point? thought they still had a few to go. If they do anything with VIII it would probably just be a port to the PSP, or maybe a the second PSP. *shrug* I'd hate to see VIII just have a ported though.

Old 09-02-2009   #11
1337 Sauce
Quote:
FF7 won't be remade, there are too many derivative games off of it already
It might make more sense to redo 8 since they've redone all the FF before 7 onto the PS1 already

See here is where I think you're Wrong, It Only makes Sense for them NOT TO REMAKE FF7, But do another title that Features FF7. Or if they would Just Remake it, that'd be their Best Shot and We should all know with the Web in their Hands around this Whole FF7 Issue it'd be a matter of time we see a New Final Fantasy 7
Old 09-02-2009   #12
PCN Addict
If they do make a new FF VII, as in a complete remake of the original, it would most likely come out at the end of the PS3's life cycle. Square has said in the past that a FF VII remake would take about 4-5 years. That is a lot of time and money to spend on a game they have already made. Sure they have done a lot of remakes in the last few years but nothing quite that large and expensive.

The have the original, a prequel, somewhat of a sequel, and even a crappy spin-off. They've got the series covered fairly well. They've drugged FF VII out enough, I think they know that too. Plus Square is trying to go "western" why spend time and money on a more Japanese game like FF VII if they're trying to make most of their money from North America? But hey, Cloud is emo and emo is all the rage these days so he just might fit in.

Old 09-02-2009   #13
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXin View Post

See here is where I think you're Wrong, It Only makes Sense for them NOT TO REMAKE FF7, But do another title that Features FF7. Or if they would Just Remake it, that'd be their Best Shot and We should all know with the Web in their Hands around this Whole FF7 Issue it'd be a matter of time we see a New Final Fantasy 7
Punctuation fail :P
I don't understand what you're saying in the context, could you clarify?

lloyd has effectively listed all the FF7 spin-offs, but he omitted a movie, an expanded movie, a cartoon, cell-phone games AND cross overs... Enough FF7 merchandise is out there, believe me. But you're wrong about Squeenix not making any more JRPGs... those will ALWAYS have a die-hard paying fanbase, you cannot wipe them out. Square WILL continue making JRPGs, whether or not a western gaming slant exists
Old 10-02-2009   #14
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Coheebria
I want a true Chronotrigger sequel, ChronoCross just sucked

and then I want an updated version of PowerStone, that game was actually pretty fun back in the day

and then I want an updated version of Killer Instinct, done the right way, but if it's gonna be a 360 exclusive then F that

to be honest I would not want to replay FF7 in newer graphics. the story would not hold the same weight since I've already been there. I want something new and fresh. now if they kept the gameplay the same and updated the graphics, but used a new story then I'd be cool with that. like how about revolving around that Zach character that they didn't even really get into, so much potential with that character
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009   #15
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
I want a true Chronotrigger sequel, ChronoCross just sucked

and then I want an updated version of PowerStone, that game was actually pretty fun back in the day

and then I want an updated version of Killer Instinct, done the right way, but if it's gonna be a 360 exclusive then F that

to be honest I would not want to replay FF7 in newer graphics. the story would not hold the same weight since I've already been there. I want something new and fresh. now if they kept the gameplay the same and updated the graphics, but used a new story then I'd be cool with that. like how about revolving around that Zach character that they didn't even really get into, so much potential with that character
Crisis Core
Old 10-02-2009   #16
PCN Addict
Quote:
Punctuation fail :P
I don't understand what you're saying in the context, could you clarify?

lloyd has effectively listed all the FF7 spin-offs, but he omitted a movie, an expanded movie, a cartoon, cell-phone games AND cross overs... Enough FF7 merchandise is out there, believe me. But you're wrong about Squeenix not making any more JRPGs... those will ALWAYS have a die-hard paying fanbase, you cannot wipe them out. Square WILL continue making JRPGs, whether or not a western gaming slant exists
When I said, "somewhat of a sequel," I was referring to the movie. It's technically a sequel, but not a game, so yeah. Didn't know they made an anime, and do the Cell phone games really count?

I never said they were going to stop making JRPG's, it's what they do and I don't expect them to stop making them in favor of a big sweaty guy shoving grenades up peoples a***s. They're just trying to make their games more appealing to a western gamer, like they've done with FF XII, Infinite Undiscovery, tries with The Last Remnant, (sp) and will most likely do with FF XIII and FF VS XIII. I'm sure there are games im forgetting but you get my picture

Old 10-02-2009   #17
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Coheebria
true, Crisis Core, but how about a version for the PS3 with updated graphics. or maybe a story around Sephiroth, now that would be nuts!! :)
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009   #18
PCN Senior
NO MORE FF7!!!
Let it pass away with grace, rather than forced to perform like a circus animal till it expires from exhaustion and excrement build-up
Old 10-02-2009   #19
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Ronster14
IF I had to choose my first and foremost choice is the FPS Area 51. I loved that game. It was incredible.
TacticalSiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #20
PCN Addict
They made a sequel for the next gen consoles didn't they?