Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation Network > PlayStation Home
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 13-12-2008   #1
PCN Senior
So IGN Thinks HOME is dumb

IGN's been kinda harsh on Sony lately, and the trend continues...
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/938/938179p1.html

Honestly, I kinda agree with them. I thought that with the public release of Home we'd get a better, fuller version of the Beta, but I was sorely dissapointed with the options and the empty feel of the whole thing. It's still a beta, only publicly released. I literally spent half an hour trying to break out of my "apartment", and when I got out, I found it hard for myself to care what was going on in that virtual world.

HOME seems likely to become a marketing arm of Sony, charging you with microtransactions for new virtual furniture and the like. And the sad thing is, I'll proabbly try it out and waste precious dollars.
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008   #2
The Creator
Site Admin
PSN ID: popiul99
I fully agree with you, so far I find it kinda boring :S I walked around and tried to advertise PS3center.net to a few people out there .. but typing with a controller gets pretty annoying after 5 minutes.

It seems like they rushed it because there is nothing being offered there! I tried to buy some items for the PS3Center.Net Club house and I wasn't able to purchase anything! They didn't have an upgrade to my Club house yet..
Old 15-12-2008   #3
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
this is still an OPEN BETA guys, not the full thing.
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008   #4
PCN Senior
Ya, but the thing is they opened it just to meet the holiday rush when it clearly wasnt ready, and did it just to counter Microsoft's Live experience which also recently came out. Sony really needed to blow away Microsoft, because they're always REACTING to Microsoft, not vice versa, but Home failed to do that. They'll never be number 1 that way, its a losing war.
Furthermore, whats the point in opening the Beta to the public when it was already on closed Beta for so long? what the hell is the point in having a closed beta AT ALL, if you publicly relaease the same thing? Its ridiculous... Sony dropped the ball palin and simple. Its not like they didnt have time, Home has been in the works for a long, long time.
So many fricking delays, and for what?

Sorry if its a little harsh, but poor marketing and an even poorer released product really tick me off.
Old 17-12-2008   #5
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: INF3RNO132103
everyone's being very harsh on it. i think it has a way to go but it has a LOT of potential. what sony is going to need to do though is continually update it with new social minigames to play to keep people coming back. even better for them would be if they could get the sponsored ones such as the red bull area. that way not only do they get games which attract more people but they get paid for the advertising. win-win. plus its another win for the consumer, us, who gets to take advantage of this new area.
inferno1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008   #6
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Coheebria
regardless of what critics have to say, of course i checked it out myself and like others have already said, there just isn't much to do. i hope they plan on integrating Home with a lot of upcoming titles. if they plan on doing that then it has a lot of potential. i'm not really interested in "pimping out my virtual crib"
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
From what I've tried of home, I think it's pretty dumb to, unless I haven't spent enough time trying to get the point of it, it could be just me though
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009   #8
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Its starting to grow now. When it first launched it was pointless and honestly was a huge mistake on Sony's part. The fact that it was no where near ready turned so many people away and they will never be coming back anytime soon. Honestly though its semi cool now. They have alot of devs on board and some things to do now, let alone the community part is working out well. Its still kinda bland but its free for one and two no one is forcing you to get on it, plus its alot better than what the Wii and 360 offer with their community features.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009   #9
Staff
PSN ID: tonzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIN View Post
and did it just to counter Microsoft's Live experience which also recently came out. Sony really needed to blow away Microsoft, because they're always REACTING to Microsoft, not vice versa
Actually, that isn't true. Microsoft released the Live experience to counter everything about Home, but they ended up getting it done faster than Sony, so in turn Sony was left in the dust.
Kinda disappointing to say the least. :(
tonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #10
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
yea i find it kidna dumb to especialy now that they tood out the open mic chat system
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009   #11
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Home is stupid. It's a waste of time/space and effort.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009   #12
PCN Master
ho exactly is it a waste of space?
Old 17-06-2009   #13
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
ho exactly is it a waste of space?
I think you mean how so I'll answer. It should not exist in my opinion. I don't know why I don't delete it or even if I can. I'll check later and delete it if I can. It's amazing how many people must have it and never use it.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009   #14
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I think you mean how so I'll answer. It should not exist in my opinion. I don't know why I don't delete it or even if I can. I'll check later and delete it if I can. It's amazing how many people must have it and never use it.
hear hear. I havent touched home since in months
Old 17-06-2009   #15
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIN View Post
hear hear. I havent touched home since in months
I haven't touched it in about a couple months that long either
Old 17-06-2009   #16
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
You can delete HOME. The only thing that stays is the icon and that takes no space at all. I started getting on again because of the resistance space, the game there is so addicting. I made it into the top thousand lol
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009   #17
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
You can delete HOME. The only thing that stays is the icon and that takes no space at all. I started getting on again because of the resistance space, the game there is so addicting. I made it into the top thousand lol
yeah, I deleted home and the icon is still there
Old 17-06-2009   #18
PCN Master
but i think most of the info is off your PS3 i mean i think the icon is just part of the XMB now with the updates and you cant get rid of it. but i dont really touch it that much either its just kinda something there to go back to every now and then
Old 17-06-2009   #19
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
wow congrats I could never score that high on that game
Old 18-06-2009   #20
Staff
PSN ID: Nikhil
I could never get home to download other spaces back when it released. Maybe I'll try again now? Though it doesn't look too interesting...
Nikhil is offline   Reply With Quote