Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 20-06-2007   #1
PCN Senior
What do you think of sony

Do you think that sony copyed M$ button to turn on the sytem, als do you think sony stole idea of motion sensor from nintendo, my view is that they did, but i'm not mad about it, it's just makes my gaming all the better if you ask me, but this is where more critizsm come from......
Mr. 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007   #2
Ace of Moderators
PSN ID: AcesHigh113
no, wii took motion sensing from sony, there is a video about it on youtube, and as for the button to turn on the system, i have no idea
Old 20-06-2007   #3
PCN Senior
no i heard from another site that when sony find out about the wii remote, they added motion just weeks before e3, no I'm postive you have mixed up
Old 20-06-2007   #4
Ace of Moderators
no i'm sure i'm not mixed up, heres the video link

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ep8DRXJpA9Q
Old 20-06-2007   #5
PCN Senior
like i said just weeks before e3 sony added motion nintendo had been had motion, hell their controller is based on motion, trust me nintendo had the plans ready back in 05, that doesn't make anysense how could nintendo take that idea and the wii mote so fast????????/

Last edited by Mr. 33; 20-06-2007 at 11:17 PM..
Old 20-06-2007   #6
Ace of Moderators
well if you watched the video, he was using that on PS1, which means it was out way the HELL before the wiimote, & i dont think they copied eachother, cuz wii uses infared, which is just point, & sony uses direction, the two are completely different
Old 20-06-2007   #7
PCN Senior
oh lord the ps1 controller was developed by whoooo not sony....
Old 20-06-2007   #8
Ace of Moderators
actually pelican, but still, it was used for PS1, way before Wii
Old 20-06-2007   #9
PCN Senior
thats the point sony didn't tell or have any thing to do with pelican making that controller and like you, said nintendo and sony have two different motion settings or whatever, all saying is that nintendo was first to have equiped their 2007 console remote with motionn sensor......, before sony did or made their controller sixaxis
Old 21-06-2007   #10
1337 Sauce
According to Sony, they developed motion sensor for the PS1 controller, but it was never released. There is no way Sony could copy and incorporate motion sensing technology that quickly before E3.

Besides, it's not rocket science. If anything, Nintendo copied Sega, which had several motion sensing controllers back in 2000 for Dreamcast including the fishing controller for Sega Bass Fishing 1&2, and Sega Marine Fishing. They also had motion sensing Maracas for Samba de Amigo, including a sensor bar to detect controller position as well.

The Wii is no big whoop. I've been using motion sensing controllers with Dreamcast for years.
kingofgrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007   #11
1337 Sauce
I think there was a warhawk on psone that used motion sencing
PS2 gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007   #12
I own your soul! (Mod)
Motion sensing was invented before either of them used it, as for who decided to put it in their controller first, it was Nintendo. The reason the Wiimote is special, is because it combines a lot of motion sensing features, including the sensor bar, accelerometers and tilt sensors (probably some other stuff) along with the nunchuk attachment.

The reason I would criticise sony is because they haven't done alot to make the console special, the ps2 was more powerful than the gamecube and had much better graphics, that did alot better.
Old 21-06-2007   #13
PCN Senior
No the Gamecube was actually slightly more powerful than the PS2 but it was never used because there werent any games to use the extra power because the discs only held 1.5GB.
Sony didnt copy Nintendo and Nintendo dint copy Sony:1.Sixaxis uses SIX AXIS up,down,left,right,forward and backward.Wii-mote uses pointing for motion and doesnt have any axis on it.2. They are both completly different but you could get a Wii game on the PS3 with very little hassle because of the motion.
Sony didnt copy MS because it aint a great invention a little button in the middle of the controller that turns the system on and you have one on the TV remote anyway so if anything MS copied the TV-mote.
MS has annouced that motion-sensing could be on the way for the 360 so MS copies off Sony...again MS copy from someone else cant they make anything themselves...ever.

Playstation3 Games:Resistance:Fall of Man,The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion,Ninja Gaiden Sigma,The Darkness,Enchanted Arms,GRAW2,RainbowSix:Vegas,Heavenly Sword,Warhawk(Retail),Folklore,Bladestorm,Nucleus.
auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007   #14
"The New Guy"
They rushed to get there console out first...now all they can do is try to update it to match the consoles that actually took the time to be built correctly.
Old 23-06-2007   #15
PCN Senior
yeh ms should have did that, but didn't well atleast someone got this straightened up.....
Old 23-06-2007   #16
"The New Guy"
well ms launched early so it could sell units long before its competition, they dont care on quality as long as they can make a quick buck, look at how many 360 burnt up, or how many tore up discs, ms is a low standard company
blood.saint.zero is offline   Reply With Quote