Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 18-01-2011   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Should I trade-in my 360?

I have a bit of a delima and would like some feedback from the usual suspects on this forum. With 2011 obviously being a PS3 year I'm thinking of trading in my 360 for some in-store credit to offset the costs of all these PS3 exclusive games. I would probably buy the new gen 360 after the summer. My question to you guys is there any reason to keep my 360 for now? Would I miss anything coming to the 360?
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Usually I'd say that the development between the ps3 and 360 is cyclical, with every other year's lineup being best on the other console.

Last years PS3 lineup was a little light on exclusives while the previous year and this year are pretty loaded, Last years 360 lineup was pretty good while this years looks dismal.

BUT, with Kinect kinda having MS's attention I dont know how much love wil be shown for the hardcore gamer going forward.

I'd say sell.

Last edited by SaintAvi; 19-01-2011 at 07:10 PM..
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2011   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Just got my little brother one of the new 360''s. I will say the thing is friggin loud as heck, its like PS3 in high gear. Other than that its a 360, not really anything new.

As for sell or not, I wouldn't sell it to a game store. Sell it on craigslist or ebay with a game or two and get a hundred or so for it. gamestop and such will only give you 50 to 80 for an old version.

If your just gonna end up buying it again, id say keep it. The new slims are not really worth it in my opinion unless you dont own a 360 already. To me its not really a big step like the PS3 slim was. If your not going to be returning to 360 then yeah sell it and get some money for PS3 games and accesories. MS is really focused on Kinect for some reasons and the only games coming to that are casual games, unlike Move where sony is trying to incorperate more hardcore based titles.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2011   #4
Staff
If you're going to sell, sell it on ebay (might wanna get rid of some of your old games too) or something rather than trade it in. It is not worth it at all. I just traded in my Wii and got ?52 store credit.

Whether or not you should sell depends on if you like the upcoming games. Personally, I'm only looking forward to Gears 3, which is coming out in Q4. If you're the same, then it probably would be better to sell it now and buy another one later. Plus it already seems like you want to sell it from the tone of your post, so I say go for it.

Worst that can happen is that you miss a game, but if you're gonna but another one later on, then it doesn't really matter.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011   #5
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Thanks for everyone's input...I am very much leaning on selling it. I moved to Louisville, KY about 5 months ago and my 360 is still packed away and I'm looking at all these great PS3 titles coming out over the next couple of months. Which I can't afford all due to I'm saving for my wedding in May. Delima, delima, delima....
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote