Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation Network
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 13-05-2011   #21
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I actually take my brothers 360 when he is not around. They had a sell going where new users can get Live for one dollar and 3 months for 12 bucks. MS are geniuses for that, especially since you can't cancel online and have to call or else it auto renews.

I must say after using Live this long you really start to notice what PSN is lacking. I won't keep paying for Live as I dont have the money and I can't pay to play games, its against my nature.

And if Sony comes back and all they added was seriously security we will never personally see and crap games for "waiting" this long, you can say goodbye to a lot of customers. 3 weeks....3 friggin weeks and all you did was strengthen security? Why not just buy a system from MS or other leading networks as a temp...your losing billions of dollars anyways.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2011   #22
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I dunno if I should believe this video
Old 13-05-2011   #23
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well there's a glimmer of hope for that being true, apparently the developers PSN has gone live for at least some of it's users so it could be they are using the developers as testers before flipping the switch for the onslaught of gamers that will log-on when the Network does go fully live (I would actually laugh if gamers took down the Network by pure and simple DDoS, after all everyone will log in about the same time).
Old 13-05-2011   #24
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
I dont think any of us are in a position to really be able to postulate
on what they can or cant do in terms of a staggered return of the PSN.

Fact is that every day the network is down, the Playstation brand is devalued in addition
to the more wide reaching Sony brand. Meaning a drop in customer faith in their brand as well as
in their stock prices which they undoubtedly would stop immediately if they could.
But once again the damage done would pale in comparison to reinstating the network and having
would be hackers find another way to weasel their way in.

In a situation like this I think prioritizing a secure relaunch takes precedence over a
speedy one. Their communication however with their customers has been awful, every
update really boils down to them saying 'we're working around the clock to restore it'
and while that isnt terribly helpful, not having spoken to us in 3 days is suuuper
aggravating.

I have a feeling they'll pull a apple like press release though saying that the network is
'available right now' though on the next update.

Last edited by SaintAvi; 13-05-2011 at 11:57 PM..
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011   #25
SuperStaff
Probably because they always update on Fridays and we got nothing from them today. So it will probably go live this weekend.

They talked about giving games away, never bother to tell us which ones. They talked about identity protection, never emailed on how to get it or when. They talked about PS Plus and free services, and didn't talk about what the content will be etc...All this could of been communications with us, but no we are left in the dark. and this is what makes me mad the most.
Old 14-05-2011   #26
PCN Master
they're doing rolling restarts by region now, hopefully they get it up in Canada and the US soon
Old 14-05-2011   #27
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...-announcement/

I think some of the answers you're looking for are there
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011   #28
PCN Master
well, it's up here in my part of North America now
Old 15-05-2011   #29
SuperStaff
AZ went up rather early, didn't know we were that much of a priority lol

and yet MW2 is still full of cheaters. Had a clan full of aimbots and 20 year old punks right off the bat. So lovely that this is what online has come to.
Old 16-05-2011   #30
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
I stayed up till 2am EST and PSN was still down and then got up Sunday morning around 10am and logged right in.....So I'm good....
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011   #31
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by glen421 View Post
I stayed up till 2am EST and PSN was still down and then got up Sunday morning around 10am and logged right in.....So I'm good....
that's pretty much what I did lol.

does anyone have any problems logging in sometimes?
sometimes it tells me that I got logged out when I try and log in