Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 14-07-2009   #21
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I hate to be the devil's advocate... well actually no I do enjoy it lol. Here are my thoughts.

360 has:
1. Price
2. More friends probably have it
3. The failure rate has dropped significantly
4. Exclusive DLC
5. Some exclusives look awesome to me at least (L4D, Gears, Halo, Splinter Cell Conviction, plus some more)
6. Playing the PC counterparts of exclusives only works if you have a good computer. A 360 is way cheaper than such a computer. I have mac so I couldn't run games very well anyways lol.

That being said I think I made a better choice buying the ps3 but the 360 definitely has some advantages. On and off I've thought about picking one up as an addition to my ps3 not a replacement.

It's just so easy to discredit the 360 on a ps3 board. Figured I'd break the combo lol.
those are definitely some advantages, but I got a PS3 because I didn't really want to pay for my online and the RROD really scared me away
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009   #22
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0tl3sl4y3r View Post
those are definitely some advantages, but I got a PS3 because I didn't really want to pay for my online and the RROD really scared me away
Same. That and bluray is awesome.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009   #23
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
why do they make u pay anyways

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009   #24
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Its profit and they got away with it. I think at first it was because they need to pay for servers and maintance fee's, PS3 does too, but overall there are ways around it. Sony has Home which makes bank everyday to pay for it, keeping the core of it free. Having developers pay for stuff on the store and Home makes them more money. MS has these same nickel and dime sources, but why give up the thousands Live subscriptions make them every month?
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009   #25
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
how many more accounts do you think they would have if they had Live for free? and on top of that though they have advertisements in Live dont they? i mean that is the dumb part about it
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009   #26
PCN Addict
u have to pay for each account?

Old 15-07-2009   #27
PCN Master
for live? yeah you have to pay for every account that you want to play online with
Old 15-07-2009   #28
"The New Guy"
Bunch of jibber jabber. I have both, but still.
gamingwiz09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009   #29
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Same. That and bluray is awesome.
Blu-Ray is really sweet
Old 15-07-2009   #30
PCN Master
i honestly think that HD-DVD would have won if Microsoft would have put the player in teh 360 instead of an add on
Old 15-07-2009   #31
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
HD-DVD still didn't have the same kind of support and Microsoft wasn't willing to take a risk and make their console rely on a possible dead format and if they had implemented it, we would probably still be in a format war, since both the 360 and PS3 would have cost about the same since HD-DVD technology was about the same cost, making the console war about even.
Old 15-07-2009   #32
PCN Master
HD-DVD was a little cheaper wasnt it? but by now they would prob be the exact same price but i mean they would of had that year head start and with EVERY 360 having one maybe the system would have not broken down as much either idk
Old 15-07-2009   #33
PCN Master
That would have only made things worse, HD-DVD and Blu-Ray players both produce more heat, why do you think it's only now we are starting to get smaller Blu-Ray players, which would have made the 360's problem even worse since almost all it's problems trace back to overheating. Maybe we would have had a 50% failure rate.
Old 16-07-2009   #34
PCN Master
i didnt realize that they caused more heat but i was thinking more along the line of the disc scratches that people are complaining about with the 360 and stuff
Old 16-07-2009   #35
PCN Master
New tech always will produce more heat, the first DVD players were no better, it took them a good amount of time to get to the point where heat was under control enough to make portable DVD players, the same applies to HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. They work on the technology, figure out how to make it more efficient and produce less heat and eventually it becomes portable and cheaper, it's why laptops are just starting to get quad-core processors (AMD doesn't even have a quad-core laptop processor out yet) where desktops have had them available for a lot longer.

EDIT: Intel is only getting up to 6 core processing in the near future, an 8 core computer is just two separate quad core processors on the same motherboard currently.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 16-07-2009 at 12:32 AM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009   #36
PCN Master
yeah i mean desktops are getting to 8 core processors now. but i never really thought of them creating that much more heat i guess just one of those things that you dont think of when are putting everything together
Old 16-07-2009   #37
PCN Member
PSN ID: Az1zam
I like my Playstation 3 because I have:

*the option to play Blu-Ray discs
*free Online gameplay
*a machine with less odds to crash
*a smooth interface menu

I am happy I can play Blu-Ray discs and I've bought Taken and Body Of Lies. The quality is stunning!

I enjoy my Online gameplay because I don't pay for it. I am a person whom is critical to spend money, I want bang for my buck. Now I'm a student, and I wouldn't get to use all my time playing for the money I've paid to play Online. That's another reason why I like my Playstation 3.

I won't have to fear the "Yellow Light Of Death" which has appeared on the PS3, but it only affected the very first models. I also enjoy my smooth interface, I find the XBL system a bit delaying.

Besides, as long as the PS3 will have Uncharted, then I for my part won't need anything else besides my PS3.

Sorry for breaking your hardware evolution conversation.
Az1zam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009   #38
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: SamuryKyo
Well my PS3 OWNS any 360 out there anytime, but this is what I think. Do you know how much people would change to PS3 if we had "Cross Game Voice chat?" Think about for a sec, I know a lot of my friends have 360 but even they say it, 360 only has like 3 games exclusive that they play and thats it. PS3 has free online and way better games. But Keeping in touch with friends is what I think is hard to separate from. Even I want that REALLY bad, such a small feature but it can do BIG changes.
Old 19-07-2009   #39
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az1zam View Post
I like my Playstation 3 because I have:

*the option to play Blu-Ray discs
*free Online gameplay
*a machine with less odds to crash
*a smooth interface menu

I am happy I can play Blu-Ray discs and I've bought Taken and Body Of Lies. The quality is stunning!

I enjoy my Online gameplay because I don't pay for it. I am a person whom is critical to spend money, I want bang for my buck. Now I'm a student, and I wouldn't get to use all my time playing for the money I've paid to play Online. That's another reason why I like my Playstation 3.

I won't have to fear the "Yellow Light Of Death" which has appeared on the PS3, but it only affected the very first models. I also enjoy my smooth interface, I find the XBL system a bit delaying.

Besides, as long as the PS3 will have Uncharted, then I for my part won't need anything else besides my PS3.

Sorry for breaking your hardware evolution conversation.
thats what I like about PS3, not to sound n00b but what is the yellow light of death and what causes it?
Old 19-07-2009   #40
PCN Addict
yea, wut is the yellow light of death i never heard of it b4
also my cousin says 4 live u pay $100 for a year, and like its kinda of like ur paying for a plan cuz u pay something else for only six months and like $10 or something for 3 months any truth in that