Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 07-02-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
A Bit of Bad News

A few weeks back some gaming websites had revealed in a recent issue of the official PlayStation Magazine that IRL was supposed to be coming to Gran Turismo 5, since then they have issued has issued an apology for saying that as it turns out IRL content will not be in Gran Turismo 5, so only NASCAR and WRC will be in the game but that is still plenty of content for the game.
Old 07-02-2010   #2
Staff
Yeah, I wasn't too bothered about IRL, I really only want WRC above anything else (+ normal stuff).
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010   #3
PCN Master
To be honest when the original "news" was revealed that IRL was coming I just scratched my head because I had never heard of the series, looking it up on the Internet now, I see why, the series main focus now is they have a girl in the field, that one you see on GoDaddy commercials, Danica Patrick, if it wasn't for that I'm sure plenty more wouldn't even know the series existed, let alone think about watching it.

Then again NASCAR was never a priority for me to see in Gran Turismo 5 either, I mean I'm not a fan of watching a field of cars go around an oval and the only real excitement is when they cause a crash/pile-up. At least WRC has some excitement, because of varying terrain, big crashes and varying circuits. Formula 1 used to be the same way but I can't bring myself to watch it anymore, Bernie and Max wrecked that sport.
Old 07-02-2010   #4
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Im not flaming anyone, but i still find people hating Nascar so amuzing. If you hate it, then fine you hate it, no one is stopping you. But it doesn't stop there, Nascar is the only sport where people actually have to say why they hate it and make fun of the people that like it. Let alone half those people have never actually gone to a race to see why people like it so much...
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010   #5
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Im not flaming anyone, but i still find people hating Nascar so amuzing. If you hate it, then fine you hate it, no one is stopping you. But it doesn't stop there, Nascar is the only sport where people actually have to say why they hate it and make fun of the people that like it. Let alone half those people have never actually gone to a race to see why people like it so much...
I agree 100% most of those people have never experienced a NASCAR race before and until you do you will never understand why we like it so much. I didn't like it until I went to Talladega 2 times in 94' and 95' since then I have loved the sport!!!
saxxon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010   #6
PCN Master
Well they released a trailer of what NASCAR racing will look like in Gran Turismo 5 and it's pretty impressive although I don't recall seeing any damage and any time in the trailer damage should have happened they seemed to cut away as if they don't want you to know it's not going to be available.
Old 05-03-2010   #7
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
i really wasn't interested in the IRL anyways so this isn't going to be a big shocker to me since we are getting over 1000 cars for the game.

Nascar is also something i wouldn't care about unlike the wrc. Like i said, i hope they have the option to turn off damage cause i don't want to go spend like 5 million credits then have it damaged in the first race
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote