Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 02-09-2010   #1
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Activision Planning to Milk COD Fans

As a huge thank you to all the fans that have made Call of Duty a great success, Activision announced all the details for the upcoming game today.

In celebration of it, they cut all live streams, didnt allow recording as always, and shut down any site not following these "rules." Along with that in the details was the names of the upcoming maps the online portion will include, and with that, they currently only have 4 maps availible.

So what am I assuming here that is most likely correct? New map packs within a month of release, but dont worry they wont be priced in our favor. Instead still overpriced at 15 dollars or more, since they love us so much!

Its rediculous. That and I understand listening to the fans but they went to far. They took out the guns I like, the ACR (the gun almost everyone loves) and some of the "rambo" guns. Yet they left the crappy cheap shots like shotguns etc... If it were Infinity Ward, it would of all been left and just altered to be better. Let alone the gameplay of MP looked horrible, the characters were literlly setting off a glow.

I hate to be bashing a game, but im really mad at Activision and Treyarch right now. I know im gonna be enjoying MOH this year, but come on IW gave us a great game there is no denying it. Its fun, i love it, the only thing ruining it is the stupid noobs. Yet they insist on ruining this franchise with any chance they get. I was honestly excited to play BO and now im just mad and wont even look at it.

Not only will they be ripping us off, but PS3 users are even more screwed. We get DLC even later, since Acti is so greedy and sold out to MS. So we are stuck with 4 maps, and only 4 maps, for who knows how long.

On a positive note, i llike the new game mode ideas but its nothing original at all. I already see how they plan on nickel and diming us in the future with there stupid point system too.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I'm actually embarrassed to say that I was considering buying this game.
I'm not gonna get Black Ops now and I'm gonna get the new Medal of Honor just to say a big **** you to Activision.
I don't know what else to say for now, I knew Activison was money hungry but this is low, even for them.
i guess I'll use the money I saved from getting Black Ops. to get one of the Starcraft 2 expansions
Old 02-09-2010   #3
SuperStaff
Its lame. Its still bugging the hell out of me, and I want Activision to come out and say either

"Individual maps for 1.99" "Map packs are only 9.99" OR "there are more than 4 maps."

I was watching their video on character customization, is it just me or does it look worse than Rainbow Six? Which was a launch title and admitidly (even though im a fan) it didn't look good.

Also in the video the dude was shooting at a guy, but he didnt die and so the player went to reload. The player he was shooting at turns around with a shotty and owns him. If thats not a big enough sign that you need to tweek noob guns I dont know what is.

so
strike 1 - You sell out to MS, give PS3 users a bad experience
Strike 2- Only 4 maps, looking to rip us off
-Strike 3 - It looks horrible, has nothing added over MW2, and gameplay is still gonna be fulll of noob exploits.

Medal of Honor it is.
Old 02-09-2010   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I know what you mean, either give us a lower price for the map packs or let us buy the maps we want individually or we won't get your game, simple as that.

am I the only one who's sick of us PS3 owners being screwed over by companies giving the 360 an unfair advantage just because MS has deep pockets and is willing to use them
Old 03-09-2010   #5
SuperStaff
No its ticking off alot of people, but its no longer working. Before MS had the "here is some money, and look at our sales numbers" strategy that secured everything. Now sony is like "fine, dont jump in the millions of owners we have, we dont care" thus companies like EA are going the other way now.

MS is living off of third parties, which are like a fake friend. They see money elsewhere, and then you suddenly dont see them again. Sony meanwhile has all kinds of weapons, and now that few have been showed off, look whats happening to MS....
Old 03-09-2010   #6
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Activision and Microsoft are 2 peas in a pod. They both love nickel and diming everyone who has their products. They're just greedy. It is a shame that it's the house (Activision) that IW built which the major players are not there anymore. I wish the teenagers would quit buying their products.

I didn't plan on buying Black Ops then recently I said I might give it a shot. After reading this thread NO Way...EA is back baby!!!! I love their stuff now.....BBC1-2, MOH, and whatever the Old IW (Re-spawn) team is working on. I think EA is doing it right and it is paying off.

Also Activision is snubbing the PS3 in advertising as well.

Last edited by glen421; 03-09-2010 at 09:35 AM..
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
Does it actually surprise you that they are doing this though? Only 4 MAPS though? that is crazy stupid. I was never excited for the game because i have have already decided to not buy any more Activision games because they **** me off.

This is probably the worst time for them to do this stuff though because of Halo and MOH coming out around the same time and i think that will cause them to lose sales even if the game was awesome but now you pull this stuff
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
It's like they brought Kotick in and said, now how can we make even more dough off this franchise. I know let's cut almost everything out of the game and make them pay to get it back.

I mean I had already planned not to purchase the game, this just strictly reinforces the fact that I refuse to spend $60 on this disaster in the works or have someone else spend $60 on it as a Christmas present. There's way better games coming out more worth that kind of cash.