Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
View Poll Results: You Interested in Owning an Apple iPad
Oh yes, I'll be there day one to get it 0 0%
Maybe not day one, but most likely yes 0 0%
I'll wait and see how it turns out once people start getting them 3 50.00%
No way 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-01-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Anyone Interested or Getting the iPad

Well of course unless you didn't watch a news site yesterday or hear someone talking about it, yes Apple revealed their newest product yesterday, the iPad which is probably best described as a 10 inch iPod Touch, it runs basically the same OS as the iPod Touch/iPhone, will come in WiFi and WiFi/3G models and the base price is $499 for the device (16GB, no 3G). So my question is, does anyone want one. I mean I think Apple lost it's mind with this one and I never be caught dead owning one, if I wanted an Apple product it would be an iPod Touch and with how long Microsoft is taking to get the Zune HD to Canada, I might end up buying one.

Old 28-01-2010   #2
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Well I'm on the fence about it. As a portable movie/media player and ebook device it could not be better. I have a need for neither so those features don't benefit me. The news apps would be great to read in the morning from the ipad rather than a news paper. An actual computer or touch would be less efficient. I generally use my touch at home and it would certainly be nice to have a larger screen. i'm not sure the cost is worth the upgrade. If I didn't have a touch I'd consider buying it. Only consider though.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010   #3
Staff
The interface looks odd to me, they could have put more icons in each row/column, but instead they just made it into a massive iPod.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
it seems like an interesting concept, I will think about getting it
Old 28-01-2010   #5
PCN Master
After hearing about another device similar to this, the iPad kind of seems ridiculous. I mean if I was going to get something like this it would be the HP Slate. It's supposed to run a full Windows 7 operating system, support some gaming and of course because it's using Windows 7, support multi-tasking and most likely Flash as well, two things Apple is missing in the iPad.
Old 28-01-2010   #6
Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
After hearing about another device similar to this, the iPad kind of seems ridiculous. I mean if I was going to get something like this it would be the HP Slate. It's supposed to run a full Windows 7 operating system, support some gaming and of course because it's using Windows 7, support multi-tasking and most likely Flash as well, two things Apple is missing in the iPad.
True, but Apple has a decently sized hardcore following, so the iPad will sell a few million units as soon as it is launched.
Old 28-01-2010   #7
PCN Master
I don't doubt that, there's simply way too many people that love Apple too much for them not to sell units but from a practical standpoint if that HP Slate comes out sooner than later and can actually do what they demoed, I would seriously consider buying one and it would do at least as well as the iPad or slightly worse because even the Slate is still appealing to a market which doesn't really exist.
Old 28-01-2010   #8
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
hmm its pretty cool i guess, i mean i can see this being the new form of netbooks from companys just one touch screen.. but at the same time its like an oversized ipodtouch/iphone lol but i guess its still kinda cool
Old 28-01-2010   #9
Staff
Hitler finds out about the iPad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQnT0zp8Ya4

lol
Old 29-01-2010   #10
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
It cant multitask, deal breaker.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote