Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 13-08-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
My Newer Gaming Setup

Well long time forum members might remember that I haven't exactly been giving my PlayStation 3 a fair TV to play on, in fact I went backwards at one point, first starting off with a 20 inch CRT flat tube:

And then going to a 20 inch CRT traditional curved tube:

Well granted I've had my new setup for over a month, I just kind of forgot about posting it but finally I gave my PlayStation 3 and laptop in the process an upgrade and bought an ASUS VW246H 24 inch HDMI enabled monitor. Also included in the upgrade was a new 7-port USB hub, my Logitech X-540 is now attached to my PS3 again, an upgrade in Internet speed with a new Rogers cable modem using my old WBR-2310 D-Link router to create a small home network and a new storage unit for my PS3 game collection.

All in all, I love the upgrade, even though the monitor is only 4 inches larger, it's widescreen with full 1080P resolution, something my poor PS3 never experienced till now although I will say it's not my final setup for the next 5 years or so. I do plan to later on buy an LED backlit TV, preferably 40-42 inches in size and relegate this monitor to just being used by my laptop or desktop (if I decide to build one).
Old 14-08-2010   #2
Staff
Lol, the mess of wires at the bottom looks insane :D
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2010   #3
PCN Master
By-product of buying longer Ethernet cable, HDMI to DVI cable, HDMI cable and RG6 cable then I should have used. In reality I should have bought shorter cables but this stuff was cheaper on Newegg.ca then buying shorter cables but it is organized chaos down there.
Old 09-03-2011   #4
PCN Master
Well since I last posted here, the setup has gone through some changes.

The largest changes being I ditched the printer (both in placement (it's now off to the side) and model (HP now ditched for a Samsung laser)), I got my old PS2 here hooked up to an older TV donated to me by my grandparents, I have a 2TB external drive for my computer/PS3 and I picked up a wireless keyboard/mouse combo for my computer or sometimes for the use of the PS3.

The next planned upgrades for the setup are replacing the router with an ASUS RT-N16 router, switching Internet providers to get a boost in speed, getting an SSD for the laptop and replacing my piece of junk Blackberry with a Motorola Atrix (so I'll actually be able to take some decent photos).