Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > PC Gaming
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 13-09-2011   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Ssd ftw

Seriously if you don't have one, try one out, it's unbelievable how much an SSD changes your computer. In my case I picked up a Mushkin Callisto 60GB SSD for my aging DV7 series laptop to replace it's stock 7,200RPM 500GB hard drive (which wasn't exactly the slowest drive around) and I went from around a 1-2 minute startup time to being in Windows ready to load any program in about 30 seconds. Another change, just the speed of loading programs, Photoshop CS4, loads in under 10 seconds, Firefox, instant, Word, instant and after a few tweaks my 60GB drive still has 27.3GB free out of a possible 55.7GB. Not to mention it's increased by battery life on my computer from the hour to hour and a half I used to get to over 2 hours (on a 2 year old battery).

The only drawback is obviously I did lose 440GB of storage space inside my computer, although I sidestepped that problem by throwing the old drive into a cheap 2.5 inch USB enclosure which I can take with me and that drive is used to install games to since most games take up far too much space for them to be installed to my SSD. But in the end it's totally worth it and something definitely worth considering if you're looking to improve your computer (be laptop or desktop). Just one piece of advice though, stay away from OCZ SSD's, they are definitely one of the least reliable SSD brands and regularly fall below stated specs.
Old 15-09-2011   #2
Staff
Woah, that much difference huh? I've been looking into buying one, but they're just too expensive at the moment imo, will probably get one when I eventually upgrade my PC.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
SSD prices are to high for me right now, I'd want at least 250gb for my macbook but those are $350+ currently.

Memory prices usually drop pretty quickly though so maybe not today, but someday :D
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote