Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 17-06-2007   #21
PCN Senior
Things will get better just give it time
although a price drop would help major
Mr. 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007   #22
PCN Senior
Sony are apparently "re-pricing" the PS3 in time for Christmas for that suker punch to the 360 and Wii same thing happened to the PS2 and PS.

PS:"re-pricing" is Sony lingo for price cut.

Playstation3 Games:Resistance:Fall of Man,The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion,Ninja Gaiden Sigma,The Darkness,Enchanted Arms,GRAW2,RainbowSix:Vegas,Heavenly Sword,Warhawk(Retail),Folklore,Bladestorm,Nucleus.
auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007   #23
Ace of Moderators
PSN ID: AcesHigh113
damn, i really REALLY want them to drop the price soon, cuz i dont wanna spend the full $600 on the PS3
Old 18-06-2007   #24
PCN Senior
as long as i get one before september, i'm happy, if the price would it would be only 100$ at most
Old 19-06-2007   #25
PCN Senior
Yea but that $100 will push some people to the PS3 instead of the 360 then because the prices wont be as big gap between them and MS wont lower the price of the 360 yet 1.there still in debt from it about $5billion just on the 360 and still a little bit on xbox1. 2.they have just started to make a profit on each console sold so they wont want to go back to making a loss on each one. 3.the wii will also steal some of the sales of the 360 aswell so unless Halo 3 is incrediably redicously good MS should say good bye to 360 sales this christmas because both the PS3 and Wii will have much better software and be cheaper(than they are now) and the 360 will only have Halo 3 and games that are on the PS3 anyway.

Playstation3 Games:Resistance:Fall of Man,The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion,Ninja Gaiden Sigma,The Darkness,Enchanted Arms,GRAW2,RainbowSix:Vegas,Heavenly Sword,Warhawk(Retail),Folklore,Bladestorm,Nucleus.
Old 20-06-2007   #26
Ace of Moderators
yes, the 360 might fall BIG time this christmas, but you never know, they might do a promotion & lower their prices like they said, for like 3 weeks to get console sales up
Old 20-06-2007   #27
PCN Senior
you talking about thethe 360 elite promotion???????
Old 20-06-2007   #28
Ace of Moderators
no, like around the holidays, they will drop the price of all 3 of their systems for a couple weeks to boost their sales a bit
Old 20-06-2007   #29
PCN Senior
well thats cheating if sony could do ....... nah that would never happen
Old 21-06-2007   #30
"The New Guy"
PS3 is a true next gen system. The wii may be owned by a lot more people but that is precisely why i dont need one. I can visit almost any of my friends and jump around swinging my arm for a few hours until I get tired, but waiting at home will be the PS3 whenever I want more than exercise.
Old 21-06-2007   #31
PCN Senior
The PS3 and the Wii go side by side more than a 360 and a Wii because
PS3=graphics,long games,intense gaming,good online play,amazing games.
Wii=motion gameplay,Zelda,Mario,Metroid,Virtual Console,good for parties.
360=Halo,not much more.

Old 21-06-2007   #32
"The New Guy"
Agreed. I would get the Wii solely for the fact that it would be good for parties. Im not much of an entertainer so if the wii could do it for me i'd be happy.
Old 21-06-2007   #33
PCN Senior
Yeah the Wii is a good entertainer.

Old 23-06-2007   #34
PCN Senior
yeh great enter.... my parents were playing it an they usually they would not go near anything electronic
Old 23-06-2007   #35
"The New Guy"
but that is also its downfall, when will you get any time to play on it? but anyway the ps3 has outsold the 360 nearly every week since launch, with a price cut they should bring in another mil easy during the holiday months, most people are just waiting for that big drop in price
blood.saint.zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007   #36
PCN Senior
Most people wanting one want it to drop in price and think if even half of the PS2 user base bought the PS3 thats an easy 60million consoles sold for Sony.If they are all waiting for $100-$200 price cut then the PS3 might be very hard to get hold of this christmas.

Old 25-06-2007   #37
"The New Guy"
Well I have the PS3 so im not worried about getting ahold of that, I just better be able to get ahold of the games I want... Sony knows what they are doing, if it didnt it wouldnt be what it is today.
Old 25-06-2007   #38
Ace of Moderators
i want to wait to get my console so i dont go buy one, then turn around and there is a $100 price cut, cuz that would have been a waste of an extra $100
Old 26-06-2007   #39
"The New Guy"
Yeah, it makes sense now, but if i had waited for the price drop I would be in the middle of classes and had no time to use it even if it was cheaper. At least now I have the whole summer to get my moneys worth out of it before I have to spend more time studying and less time playing. To me the 100 dollars was worth the few months I got to use it before classes. But now the drop is close enough that it would be dumb to buy.
Old 26-06-2007   #40
PCN Senior
So if the word of the price drop as reached the ears of the rest of the public sales could slump PS3fans will get the bad end of it and sites like vgchartz will have a load of users going "the PS3 going to fail lol" to the PS3 users which they do any way but it will be more than usual. Sales slump for 6monthes then pick up to a stupid amount when christmas and price drop are mixed together and then we can get our own back on the 360fans and Wiifans and say to them that there system sucks and it just turns into a shouting match until MGS4 comes out and the 360 and Wii fans are the only ones argueing not noticeing all the PS3fans have gone home to play MGS4 because they havent had a good game for 6monthes and are really annoyed they didnt get a PS3 instead of a 360 or Wii.
This will happen no doubt about it.