Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 04-04-2008   #1
"The New Guy"
What Is Better?

in your honest opinion, what is better ps3 or 360

[url]http://www.freewebs.com/solomonmdp[/url]
solomonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #2
I own your soul! (Mod)
A ps3 is better. Plain and simple, there are other factors effecting what I would buy to be honest (lack of games etc etc.) the fact that bluray is dominating is a big plus.

The PS3, on it's own, not taking anything else into account, is better.
Old 05-04-2008   #3
The Moderator
For just games and online, honestly 360, but if you want ease of use, and it to be a main part of your system, PS3 hands down.
Old 13-04-2008   #4
"The New Guy"
ps3 by far cuz the 360 was recalled like 2 tymes cuz of the red ring of death
sony_player13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2008   #5
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
I say they're about equal right now with the 360 in a slight lead. But last year this time the 360 was better. A year later they're about the same. By this time next year I expect the PS3 to be much better than the 360.

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2008   #6
Ace of Moderators
PSN ID: AcesHigh113
i believe that sony has not unlocked the full PS3 potential. they have a lot of room and time to progress. and the 360 is at full potential

in potential, the ps3 is by far the better choice. it is very user friendly, and online is free.

but as of now. the 360 by slightly
Old 18-04-2008   #7
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
Agreed :)

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #9
"The New Guy"
Depends on what you like to play...
If you enjoy playing against opponents on-line, then the 360 is your machine (although, keep in mind college boy, you'll be paying a subscription for it).
If you enjoy playing alone or in your dorm room with friends, then I personally think the PS3 wins. Plus you can still play all your old games on it. And if the mood hits you, you can still play on-line games against others, but it won't cost you.
dpurvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #10
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Khamakhazee
The PS3 is the better machine but you have take take into consideration value and use. I have a ton of games for my 360 and only a handful for my PS3. The 360 is cheaper, has a larger gaming library and bigger online community but the PS3 has a blu ray player as well. So I get use and value out of both but for different reasons.
Khamakhazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #11
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khamakhazee View Post
The 360 is cheaper, has a larger gaming library and bigger online community
yeah but you got to take into consideration 2 things.

1.the 360 was released a year earlier than the ps3 which gave microsoft a big jump ahead. but at the cost of the consumer. at first it had a failure rating of i think 1 in 4. it got better to only i think 13%.. when the ps3 came out, it had a slow start due to the fact that it was eexpensive and not alot of hit titles for it. but taken that into consideration the ps3 only had a failure rate of 0.2 percent. thats right a fifth of a percent.

2. sony was stupid for not releasing the developers kit (devkit) earlier to game developers and their new format meant that it was a completly new programming code to learn. unlike the 360 which expanded on the xbox, the ps3 utilized a new security based software which meant that every new game would need some sort of code to be played on the ps3.

so yeah the 360 has more games and had a 1 year lead, but if you are looking for a solid entertainment system then ps3 is the way to go because the 360 is being phazed out. heck if you don't believe me look at the news.1 example is toshibas announcement that they will be switching to blu-ray. note toshiba was the industries biggest manufacturer of hd-dvds.
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #12
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Panzerdemon
actually Toshiba is trying to develop a DVD up converter that they were saying was going to be as good if not better than bluray which is a false statement but that is what they were saying microsoft is securing most of its assists and keeping the 360 alive with their money assists i believe.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #13
MOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
actually Toshiba is trying to develop a DVD up converter that they were saying was going to be as good if not better than bluray which is a false statement but that is what they were saying microsoft is securing most of its assists and keeping the 360 alive with their money assists i believe.
yeah but with hd-dvd dead and sony owning blu-ray, what will microsoft use for thier next disc....greenray???
Old 11-11-2008   #14
1337 Sauce
who knows microsoft was talking about going pure digital distribution which would eliminate the need for a hard disk media but then again if they pull that out they would have to have top notch servers and it would leave alot of people out who cannot keep or have high speed sufficient plus they would have to include huge hard drives or who knows maybe our next big media will be flash drives alot of people talk about how it is a possibility in the future but id rather have a disk myself.
Old 11-11-2008   #15
MOD
yeah a large flash drive isn't feasable. can you imagine though. PGR 5 only 139.96. haha but yeah with microsoft, large servers are not going to be a problem with them
Old 11-11-2008   #16
1337 Sauce
well we already have 16 gig and 32 gig flash drives out they are feasable if they are still selling them at 60$ which they would probly raise it next gen to like 70 - 80$ they would still break even if not gain and the price of manufacturing flash drives would be down by then.
Old 11-11-2008   #17
"The New Guy"
Without doubt the PS3 takes the cake. It has come into it's own this year and it is beginning to stretch it's technology legs. In addition to to it's overpowering media capabilities - Bluray is only the beginning as Tversity really allows the PS3 to flex - it has shifted into first place as a gaming rig.

With more developers having jumped on the "PS3 as lead platform" bandwagon, with a plethora of unequaled titles across the gaming spectrum - MGS4 to LBP to R2 - the PS3 is solidly in the lead.

Are there good games on the 360? Yes, but DVD9 is showing it's age and how it's limitations are hurting the gamer. PSN is up to the challenge now with Home out among us beta testers already. A year ago the 360 was still looking at the lead. Those days are far gone as the PS3, a machine designed to evolve, has outpaced the 360, a machine designed to sell hard the first 2 years.
Morganfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #18
"The New Guy"
PS3 takes the lead, I believe, in all aspects of gaming. It has the most powerful processor without a doubt, and arguably the best games in the business. Take a look at LittleBigPlanet or MGS4, if you don't believe me. AND it is the only console (I am pretty sure), that can support true 1080p HD resolution.
Plus, take a look at how Microsoft is trying to keep up. They already have several different models of the 360, and have had to cut the price many times to keep up sales.
Sure there are great games like Halo, and Fable 2, but let's not forget that little thing called the Red Ring of Death. I heard that an estimated 70% of 360's had to be repaired because of that issue.
And also a huge decider for many buyers is the fact that the PS3 has a built in Blu-ray player, and Blu-ray is pretty much the future for in-home movie watching. Many Blu-ray players by themselves cost above the price of a PS3, so it is a really great deal.
All in all, I think in a year or six months times people won't even have to question the superiority of the consoles. They will know that the PS3 reigns supreme and for good reason.
Old 11-11-2008   #19
1337 Sauce
PS3 is the only one that supports 1080p the 360 can only go up to 1080i and i believe that is only with their elite model correct me if im wrong the new xbox 360 models might support 1080i but as far as i know it is only the elite that does
Old 11-11-2008   #20
PCN Senior
nmcgough42 I'd liek to see some factual percentages next time you quote numbers. Your data seems exagerrated
The PS3 is an awesome system doubtless, but that is only half the equation. It also comes down to software, servers and support. Microsoft's support base easily hands PSN's its ass regularly, and the money behind Microsoft means that they can afford WAY more exclusives than Sony can. Think about it, if Microsoft is willing to shell out millions to keep a game exclusive, how can Sony compete with them for third party developers? Look what happened to Final Fantasy XIII if you don't believe me. Sony's American branch is facing huge troubles in the market against Microsoft, and the servers show it. Microsoft's onlince gaming experience and dedicated servers are still way ahead of Sony.
With things as they stand now, I'd actually have to give it to the 360 for now. Sony has some catching up to do, but will doubtlessly pull ahead in the future.

Unless they go bankrupt. Which is looking more and more possible.
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote