Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 11-11-2008   #21
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIN View Post
nmcgough42 I'd liek to see some factual percentages next time you quote numbers. Your data seems exagerrated
The PS3 is an awesome system doubtless, but that is only half the equation. It also comes down to software, servers and support. Microsoft's support base easily hands PSN's its ass regularly, and the money behind Microsoft means that they can afford WAY more exclusives than Sony can. Think about it, if Microsoft is willing to shell out millions to keep a game exclusive, how can Sony compete with them for third party developers? Look what happened to Final Fantasy XIII if you don't believe me. Sony's American branch is facing huge troubles in the market against Microsoft, and the servers show it. Microsoft's onlince gaming experience and dedicated servers are still way ahead of Sony.
With things as they stand now, I'd actually have to give it to the 360 for now. Sony has some catching up to do, but will doubtlessly pull ahead in the future.

Unless they go bankrupt. Which is looking more and more possible.
so true, the 50 million Micro-Rockstar exclusive deal is a perfect example.
yeah sony has alot of catching up to do. i mean come on, who can stand up to a company worth 50 billion dollars with the richest man at its head. Sony isn't a strong player here at north america but are strong players overseas in Europe and Asia. If sony teamed up with IBM then i guess they wouldn't have a server problem but sadly they do.

aw well, you got remember though that the wii is handing Sony and microsofts ***es everyday to them lol
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #22
PCN Senior
so true sauberbmw, glad you agree. Nintendo's casual gamer stance has really paid off, even though the wii is basically a gimmick. Sony's really got to step it up if it wants to stay competitive,
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #23
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Panzerdemon
sony isnt even gonna come close to bankrupt you have to add all of the sony divisions that are out there and they are massive we wont see them go down for a long time unless they end up merging which isnt likely either.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #24
"The New Guy"
If you had asked me a few months ago I'd say the 360 was the better system, but the PS3 seemed to be future proof and the better system in the long-run. It's basically an empty train that you can't stop, if you catch the analogy. But now people are saying BluRay might fail, even though it beat out HD-DVD. As of now I'm split. The PS3 has the hardware, but the 360 has the games.

And is it just me, or is LBP not really getting a lot of attention now that it's out? It seemed to be the next big thing in gaming, then all of a sudden I don't hear a whisper about it. I think Home is more important to the PS3's future than we may think....

Just my 2 cents.
EvanVolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #25
1337 Sauce
I think that LBP lost a lot of its momentum when Sony decided to delay it.
Old 12-11-2008   #26
"The New Guy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
I think that LBP lost a lot of its momentum when Sony decided to delay it.
Ah yes. I had forgotten about the delay. Another reason to hate the Qu'ran...
EvanVolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #27
1337 Sauce
I didn't think it would have been a big deal with the lyrics one of the high Muslim people came out in Australia i believe and said that it wouldn't have been anyway i think the song wasn't even about anything that would offend any Muslims the developers def wouldn't have put it in if they thought it would have offended anyone.
Old 13-11-2008   #28
PCN Senior
Quote:
sony isnt even gonna come close to bankrupt you have to add all of the sony divisions that are out there and they are massive we wont see them go down for a long time unless they end up merging which isnt likely either.
Sony has been reporting losses in the millions for the last several financial quarters. Entire asian divisions have been shut down in the last 10 years.
Old 13-11-2008   #29
MOD
yeah for the ps3 launch, sony was easily reported to have been losing 400 million a quarter. if sony does go down, it would be their gaming division not their entire company
Old 13-11-2008   #30
1337 Sauce
I just highly doubt it will come to that Sony wont go belly up besides this is supposed to be a 10 year console and this is only the second year they will make their money back.
Old 13-11-2008   #31
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Kaiboy12
The PS3 is definitely better. So many awesome exclusive games are coming out for PS3.
Kaiboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008   #32
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauberbmw View Post
yeah for the ps3 launch, sony was easily reported to have been losing 400 million a quarter. if sony does go down, it would be their gaming division not their entire company
Sony's gaming division is listed under Sony Entertainment which does alot of things like movies, music and media players. If they do flop, alot of sectors will be hit.
Lets hope they don't!!!
Old 20-11-2008   #33
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Kaiboy12
I think that SCE is alright, because they get so much profit from selling PS2s and PSPs.
Kaiboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008   #34
MOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIN View Post
Sony's gaming division is listed under Sony Entertainment which does alot of things like movies, music and media players. If they do flop, alot of sectors will be hit.
Lets hope they don't!!!
yes but those are also separated into branches which meet only once a month. so i know that if gaming goes down then the movie division aint gonna get hit
Old 21-11-2008   #35
PCN Member
ps3 is way better, because of the easy way to upgrade your HDD (not to mention the price for the hdd). And its got better games in my opinion

"Henshin"
-Kamen Rider

I bleed green.
hotfiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008   #36
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauberbmw View Post
yes but those are also separated into branches which meet only once a month. so i know that if gaming goes down then the movie division aint gonna get hit
I honestly did not know that. Thanks for the info
Old 23-11-2008   #37
1337 Sauce
besides Sony wont go down we all know this don't worry about it.
Old 23-11-2008   #38
PCN Senior
Quote:
besides Sony wont go down we all know this don't worry about it.
BAD
betamax = fail
walkman = dead
ericsson = cutting jobs
laptop batteries = epic fail (9.6 million recalls)
ps3 = sold about a third of Wii's numbers (~190k to Nintendo's 800k) last october (NPD sales chart)
psp = dying (where the holiday lineup? 3 months from now? a year?)

MIDDLE
bravia = up and down depending on market, post 2004-recalls

GOOD
playstation = huge
playstation2 = huger
blu-ray = win (-ish... no one wants to shell out an extra 15$ for a dvd upgrade)

I'm not saying that Sony hasn't had its moments; the corporation is still a giant in its industry, and can/is still living off its prior successes. But with the economic future as unstable as it is, who know if Sony will be able to keep up its service and content to us gamers when their revenue streams are slowly drying up?
If you dont't believe me, take a look at this graph:
http://uk.reuters.com/business/quote...?symbol=6758.T
The drop is just astounding, and this is over the period of a fiscal quarter; it dropped to about less than half the price!

Last edited by EIN; 23-11-2008 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: incomplete
Old 24-11-2008   #39
MOD
thats awesome EIN, Except for the psp, id say middle on that one
Old 10-12-2008   #40
PCN Senior
For all those who doubted...
http://psp.ign.com/articles/936/936822p1.html

Read it, I started a thread about it and I'd love some input

And take a look at this article, it has to do with a comparison between the 2
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/937/937058p1.html

Last edited by EIN; 10-12-2008 at 07:26 AM..