Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
View Poll Results: Do you believe PS3 Slim is real?
Yes 9 81.82%
No 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2009   #41
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
The contrast is also good for any dropped screws or etc
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #42
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
yea i get wy it is foam stuff i was jw why it was pink as opposed to some other color. i guess it really doesnt matter at all
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #43
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
You know if it actually looks differnt than the "leaked" pics then it will get an even bigger bang too.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #44
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Why would they care what colour the foam is, they just get the cheapest stuff they can find, it's not like the average person is even going to see the factory where they make the consoles and the workers sure aren't going to say anything, there just happy they have jobs unlike so many people over here *cough* auto workers *cough*.
Old 07-07-2009   #45
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
If i was working in a factory id kinda enjoy the pink stuff lol. Kinda cheery and it makes it hard to get mad.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #46
PCN Master
yea they do like to complain alot but i guess it doesnt make any difference to them what color it is as long as it is cheap but knowing big companies they prob bought the most expensive
Old 07-07-2009   #47
PCN Master
Eh? I've never heard of the guys doing the consoles complaining, if anything they compete for those contracts, whats your source?
Old 07-07-2009   #48
PCN Master
are you asking me for my source? cuz i dont have a source it was a typical you know big companies seem to waste money on useless stuff
Old 07-07-2009   #49
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAvi View Post
whats your source?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
are you asking me for my source?
Yes I was, I thought you had heard something about the workers being unhappy over at the factories producing the units.
Old 08-07-2009   #50
PCN Master
oh no i had not heard anything if i did i would have posted my stuff but yeah i didnt hear anything just simply commenting on companies and their wasteful ways

Edit:

The PS2 slim came out only 4 years after the release of the PS2 and if they PS3 slim comes out this year it would be 3 years i mean only one year quicker than the PS2 granted that the PS2 had sold like 70 million copies by the time they came out with the slim

Last edited by Dipchit02; 08-07-2009 at 03:24 PM..
Old 09-07-2009   #51
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Sorry I haven't commented on this thread recently I've been a little busy at work.

Well, let me start off by saying: Yes I am afraid that if the "slim" does come out in July or in the fall that it will be a "PS3 Budget console". I don't see after only 3yrs you can reduce the price by $100.00 (unless Sony continues with removing features and they will also continue to loose money). As long as Xbox is around the $200.00 Sony has an uphill battle climb as far as sales are concerned.

I like what I have seen from Sony in the last few days (via comments by CEO to Activision and comments about no price reduction at this time) which goes with what I said earlier about Sony standing by what they have on the streets. I think this speaks to current and future customers that the product you purcharsed or going to purchase is not changing.

I guess we can speculate all we want and make arm chair suggestions as what is best for Sony in the future but in the end Sony will make their own decisions as what is best for the company and the Playstation brand.

I do want to thank all of you for your comments on this thread. Very interesting stuff.

Remember to be good and be good at it.

Found this article today may interest some of you about this subject.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10282313-17.html

Last edited by glen421; 09-07-2009 at 10:45 AM..
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #52
PCN Master
well i mean the system is already 200 dollars cheaper than when it first came out i mean that woudl be like cutting the price 100 dollars every year that is kinda crazy. but if they could get the price down then you would see a huge increase in sales and if they got GT5 out this holiday season then GOW III in March this could be the best 6 months or w/e the PS3 has ever seen
Old 09-07-2009   #53
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
so true what the article said. a ps3 slim would cost sony much less in production costs and is more environmentally friendly. but the slim itself wouldn't revive sony. bundles released with the slim would destroy microsoft and nintendo imo. a slimmer ps3 means we might lose some features but not important ones like HDMI and wifi and all that. lets just hope that they don't release it in just one colour
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #54
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by glen421 View Post
I don't see after only 3yrs you can reduce the price by $100.00 (unless Sony continues with removing features and they will also continue to loose money). As long as Xbox is around the $200.00 Sony has an uphill battle climb as far as sales are concerned.
Technology is always evolving, always improving. Look at apple, every year
they relaunch their products with slimmer smaller figures.
Old 09-07-2009   #55
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
The key to that though SaintAvi is that Apple adds features and upgrades hardware to it's line up. Sony has been deleting them. I don't think Sony will be increasing RAM or processor speed when it goes with the slim.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #56
PCN Master
well obviously it wouldnt because new games wouldnt be able to really use the extra ram because the older versions dont have it so what would be the point? but i really dont see them taking out that many features if any.
Old 09-07-2009   #57
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by glen421 View Post
The key to that though SaintAvi is that Apple adds features and upgrades hardware to it's line up. Sony has been deleting them. I don't think Sony will be increasing RAM or processor speed when it goes with the slim.
I used that example to illustrate that if apple can do that with even newer components at the current annual rate, resizing the same components that
do the same job exactly the same should provide even less resistance
Old 09-07-2009   #58
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Apple lives in a market where unless you add RAM or hard drive space, you would get squashed by the competition, the annoying thing is they sometimes don't add much at all and charge more for a new product in a slightly different casing, Sony has removed over the course of the console 2 USB ports, card readers, and PS2 compatibility all of which weren't necessary to play PS3 games, what else could they remove, having no hard drive would make most games useless, limiting features of the XMB doesn't save money, HDMI is necessary for a HD console, the Blu-Ray drive is essential, wireless is pretty much mandatory, it's why the 20GB sold so badly compared to the 60GB, and other than that you can't cut anything else, we are already at the the point where nothing else can be cut from the console without taking out a good chunk of the audience with it. The PS3 slim, just would consolidate components, the PS2 slim did that when it integrated the Emotion Engine and Graphics processor onto one chip, saved on parts and space reducing costs. Downsize and combine the amount of components, the cheaper it gets.
Old 09-07-2009   #59
PCN Master
you coudl argue that they didnt really remove the card reader since only one of the skus had it. and you dont need wireless look at the 360 they just have a usb wireless adapter for it. and you dont need a harddrive again look at the 360 given that a harddrive really doesnt add that much to the cost of Sony.
Old 09-07-2009   #60
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
you coudl argue that they didnt really remove the card reader since only one of the skus had it. and you dont need wireless look at the 360 they just have a usb wireless adapter for it. and you dont need a harddrive again look at the 360 given that a harddrive really doesnt add that much to the cost of Sony.
Eh that would be splitting hairs, it is currently not possible to walk into a bestbuy or toysrus and pickup a new PS3 with a card reader.

As far as removing features go, we have to remember Sony have positioned themselves as the anti-addon box where everything you need comes standard. I am sure Sony knows that they can make these features only available thru
addons, but then they'd look like hypocrites, and the trust of your consumer base is not something you can
regain via a pricedrop