Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 01-03-2010   #21
Playstation ZEALOT
PSN ID: Cyphers_Lock
*shakes head* amazing. The network is down....so what? Life doesn't revolve around ps3. And I think once in the three years since I've had it isn't bad. People saying they'll trash their ps3s are just looking for attention. Sure, it is a bit irritating, but really a small thing. And it will be fixed. I'd like to see any of the assholes commenting on the ps blog do any better.
Old 01-03-2010   #22
Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
*shakes head* amazing. The network is down....so what? Life doesn't revolve around ps3. And I think once in the three years since I've had it isn't bad. People saying they'll trash their ps3s are just looking for attention. Sure, it is a bit irritating, but really a small thing. And it will be fixed. I'd like to see any of the assholes commenting on the ps blog do any better.
You should see that fat guy on youtube raging lol, and seriously can't people go one day without playing a game? I haven't put my PS3 on at all since I heard about this, I'll wait till they've fixed the issue.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #23
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Apparently our mates across the pond have braved through the consequences and came up with a fix see here.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #24
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak View Post
You should see that fat guy on youtube raging lol, and seriously can't people go one day without playing a game? I haven't put my PS3 on at all since I heard about this, I'll wait till they've fixed the issue.
yeah same with me, I haven't actually played in a while either, I'll wait until they fix it, a lot of these people complaining probably can't go a while without games
Old 01-03-2010   #25
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
I really dont like how some games need a net connection to play, considering they are
single player affairs.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is unplayable if you arent signed into the PSN
Heavy rain is being reported as the same.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #26
PCN Master
Reports are saying that systems are working normally once again

Old 01-03-2010   #27
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
http://wedonetwork.co.uk/wedotech/20...at-people-too/

this guy flipping out over the PS3 issue
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #28
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I can confirm my 80GB console is now functioning normally, I can connect to the PlayStation Network and I was able to set the time using the Internet, in the end I only lost my trophy progress in BioShock 2 due to my own stupidity of not following what Sony said, the trophies I've earned to date are attached to my profile but to earn anymore I had to start over (I was barely into the game anyway, not a big deal).
Old 01-03-2010   #29
PCN Addict
Didn't have my PS3 on at all yesterday. Went to work this morning then found all the hub bub about the time PSN issue. Came home around 5:30 pm still didn't even flip the back switch to standby. Googeld PS3 news and someone was saying it was fixed. Then turned mine on and it still said 2/28/10 as the date went to date/time settings and set via internet and hasn't skipped a beat. glen421 down time=0 been playing Mass Effect 1 on 360.

Funny thing is Sony is silent on the fix.
Old 01-03-2010   #30
PCN Master
I wouldnt call it a fix really, more of the bug running its course.
Old 01-03-2010   #31
PCN Addict
Now the question is how do you get compensated for something that is free?

See when your 360 gets the RRoD they at least give you a 1month LIVE subscription card. With the PSN being free what does Sony do? Apologize and we just accept it? Or do they do something grand since the ones that were effected are most likely the people who threw $500.00 even $600.00 down for their systems.

I think Sony should do something maybe not big but something. What do you guys think?
Old 01-03-2010   #32
PCN Master
Free stuff is always nice but, looking at the big picture, maintained free online and
excellent first party support makes up for one day of downtime.
Old 01-03-2010   #33
PCN Addict
I concur. Still no official response from Sony though. I think we are at least owed that. It is 11:30am in Tokyo so they are up. Unless they are catchin' some Zzzz'z from working overtime on the issue.
Old 02-03-2010   #34
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
wow people over-reacted.. i even seen sites claiming that "360 sales have boosted and looking to start outselling the ps3 again" <i mean really? barely even 24 hours haha also people were claiming it was on par with the "rrod" -_- another i seen was "ff13 360 version will now outsell the ps3 version due to its issues" LMAO.. way to much hype about this..

and @glen why should they compensate for it? lol the thing is you PAY for live so you expect it to be the best of the best so when that goes down, they should compensate for it because its faults arent what you pay for..

the PSN however is a free service, you havent 'lost' out on any costs, i mean when facebook or twitter goes down we dont expect them to send everyone a postcard lol.. it happens, and a 24 hour fault for a free service that has been released for over 3 years isnt bad at all in all honesty..

its fixed now anyway
Old 02-03-2010   #35
PCN Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAvi View Post
I wouldnt call it a fix really, more of the bug running its course.
I think you're right it looks like they just let it run it's course.
Old 02-03-2010   #36
PCN Addict
@assassin: You are still assuming that this was a PSN issue and from the reports I'm hearing is that in fact was a console time calculation issue. So when the console tried to connecting to the PSN it didn't match the time and kicked you off the PSN and the games you were trying to play. So yes they should compensate me for this. When you spend $599.00 (not to mention the accessories, the games, the DLC, and the subsriptions (that's right subscripitons like Qore)) on a console I expect it to at leats tell time and not freak out.

I feel Sony didn't handle this issue very well. This was for about 24hrs a PR nightmare IMO. They were late acknowledging the issue and really didn't come out and say it was fixed or the issue was resolved until very late and still haven't explained why this happened. With the slims not having the issue Sony should've known this was going to happen and if they didn't, well I just find it hard to believe Sony couldn't have known this was going to happen. They just make too many product that keep time properly.

It took MS awhile before acknowledging the failure rate concerning the RRoD but they handled it very well after that. I have had 2 consoles get the RRoD and I've been able to have a refurb console sent to me the next day.

Now I'm not saying they need to compensate a free game or some PSN Card amount. I just feel that Sony owes it's gamers something. An apology or a very good explanation. I promote the PS3 almost everyday through discussions of gaming with friends, family and co-workers. So not only am I invested with my money but I am also invested emotional just like alot of us are on this forum. Look I love Sony and this APOCALYPS3 issue is something I feel that could have been either known and/or avoided ahead of time.
Old 02-03-2010   #37
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
it was still to do with the PSN -_- a calender bug via PSN is what ive heard, how could it be the console? i mean it goes day afterday updating i doubt it was a hardware fault caused by a specific date lol it was on the PSN's side

it was 24 hours without being able to play your console.. its really not that big of deal, your completely over reacting man..

and well obviously microsoft handle RROD of death well, that was complete hardware failure and console loss..and the next day? how come it took my friends weeks? lol

anyway like i say over reacting
Old 02-03-2010   #38
PCN Addict
If it was PSN then the all PlayStation devices would have been effected. The PSN is in GMT time zone and then your console adds or subtracts the hours to get the correct time (your time zone) displayed in the little display box on the top right of the screen. The BIOS for the "glossy" is different than the "slims" and obviously a little better.

I don't think I am over reacting I think I'm being fair for asking for some form of apology or a decent explanation that in 4yrs (next leap year) this won't happen again. Sony has said or done nothing to the effect to convince me of that. Have they you?

As for RRoD--Lets just I have an ability to get people to bend to my will..LOL..just kidding
Basically I just complain and give a sob story until I get the customer service rep to say OK I will send you a console next day. It worked the first time in 07 and then worked recently as last week. There is a new service that if you do want a next day 360 they will take a deposit from a credit card (I think it is like $150.00) send you the 360 next day and then once they receive your RRoD 360 they will credit $150.00.

Again I think it's only fair for Sony to explain instead of gamers figuring out the issue for themselves. I'm just a little disappointed that's all.
Old 02-03-2010   #39
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
It was only a day. Life goes on. Lol.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010   #40
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEN7xASSASSINx View Post
it was still to do with the PSN -_- a calender bug via PSN is what ive heard, how could it be the console?
It was hardware related, theres no disputing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony
We are aware that the internal clock functionality in the PS3 units other than the slim model, recognized the year 2010 as a leap year. Having the internal clock date change from February 29 to March 1 (both GMT), we have verified that the symptoms are now resolved and that users are able to use their PS3 normally.