Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Old Stuff
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 09-06-2009   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Game Collectors

Any game collectors out there? I recently have found myself looking at older games due to the value (that's monetary value not sentimental). I read a Game Informer article and it had all these games that worth some serious jack. Is anybody else doing this? If so, what are the more valuable games to have. Is there a gaming price guide? I would like to start this as a hobby.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
It would be a good idea to start now as games are still realitively new to the market, and im sure as hell it will turn into something like comic books. Think of todays Metal Gear being the first Spiderman of years ago, thats thousands of dollars.

Only thing that sucks about saving games is they come in plastic lol. Which means they can be opened. Your also taking a 60 dollar risk instead of a 3 dollar risk, and who know video games could just turn out to be like movies.

A good game to have at this time would probably be Fatal Frame. Sells for close to 100 bucks everyday, if not more.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #3
PCN Addict
Man you weren't kidding on Fatal Frame. Just looked it up on Amazon and the PS2 version is like $100. Also another good one is ICO.
Old 09-06-2009   #4
PCN Addict
Oh the xbox version of Fatal Frame is like $300.00.
Old 09-06-2009   #5
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Yeah and if you ever play it, its a wicked game too. Its a rare game to get your hands on though, kinda neat.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #6
PCN Addict
Yeah, now that I'm back with Playstation I am regreting going over to Xbox (for Halo) and not paying any attention to my PS2. I keep seeing these PS2 games that I missed playing. Man it sucks.
Old 10-06-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Although I wouldn't consider myself a true video game collector, i.e. I don't spend my time looking for rare games, I don't sell my games ever and I actually collected a few games now that are worth some money, one being Chocobo Racing, I've seen copies on eBay going for $60-100 and I definitely paid less than that and Jurassic Park: Opeartion Genesis which is going on eBay for around $60 although cheaper copies are available but don't come with anything but the game. Although if I ever get the cash I've got a local store nearby that sells all sorts of old games and I could easily buy $100 worth of old games in there for PlayStation. Now that I know about Fatal Frame though I might just look out for a copy since it's already worth quite a lot.
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
yea i dont collect games thinking they may be worth something someday. i just get them cuz they look fun to play now if they become expensive and i coudl make some money off them then SWEET
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010   #9
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: ArmyOfNewbs
I guess you can say I kind of do. A year ago I bought the first Game Boy with Pokemon Red Blue & Silver. On Amazon Red & Blue are around $100 (NEW) I also bought the first LoZ at a bargain store for $5 but I'm sure its worth a lot more. Lying around I have Metal Gear Solid 3 and Wolfenstein: 3D. Now THAT is a good game.
3. Little Big Planet
4. Killzone 2
5. GTA:Vice City (HATE ME)
''PS3, It only does Everything..Except play PS2 games.'' <.< Not sure where I saw that quote.
GrantedAccess is offline   Reply With Quote