Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Design Center
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 26-08-2009   #1
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Making a PS3 Comercial

Inspired by their latest comercials i decided i want to make my own, but its a bit more in depth. Im posting this to ask if anyone wants to join in and make their own? Mine is partially real life film, but you could merely cut and edit already made trailers.

Mine is kinda universal too. The person can be changed out. So maybe when im done and you see it you will want to replace me with you and have your own trailer?
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009   #2
PCN Content Provider
PSN ID: Y2DAZZ
editing footage lol. According to Sony's latest trailers all you'll need to do is take some LSD and a handheld camera, probably a Sony one, and then post it to youtube. ;p

But if you need any help editing I can be your man.
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well I have one uploading now to YouTube based on the Asian PlayStation commercials but it now advertises 3 different upcoming PlayStation 3 games and throws the slim in at the end.

EDIT: Well it's uploaded now, although at the time of this edit it was still processing so you might not be able to watch it yet. It's also a rather rough cut but my editing tools are limited as I can only use Windows Movie Maker (although I'll give Movie Maker credit, it still allowed me to keep the video in HD). Also for anyone who does make a commercial and upload it to YouTube, you will most likely get a notice saying that it contains material owned by SCEA, they won't stop your video mind you, but ads will appear next to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDqw773E1vg

Last edited by X_Racer1; 26-08-2009 at 04:19 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009   #4
SuperStaff
Lol X Racer its exactly what mine is. I rendered the rough cut, doing the final cut right now.
Old 27-08-2009   #5
SuperStaff
Here is my first edit. I havent edited film in like a year lol. Im not happy with it, still have alot to fix and add. I need to "flash" the titles of each game then add "2009" before it says "only on PS3." I also need to fix the timing on the music

The thing that sucks is After Effects keeps crashing for no reason so ill have to use my other computer tomorrow to actually edit it. I need to go in and add effects and what not. However you get the idea so what do you think so far...

I hate how its mostly trailers but i dont know how to blend in real shots with it...any ideas?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ludhEFl9bM (processing at the moment, should be done in like a half hour)

edit: BTW VIDEO is in HD, thanks to sony vegas. Editing it was a pain in the ass lol. However the last trailer for Ratchet is the PAL version, couldnt find the damn american version. So sound is terrible with it and idk if that will affect resolution or anything as i re rendered it as NTSC.

Last edited by Dustin S.; 27-08-2009 at 05:17 AM..
Old 27-08-2009   #6
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
You guys did a great job. I don't have any editing skills. Keep up the good work.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009   #7
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
Very nice you two. Oh, Dustin, I Really liked how you blended the last scene of a game into the first scene of the next game.

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009   #8
PCN Master
Looks like the Ratchet and Clank Trailer did in YouTube considering the video HD material but from what I understand the uploading and subsequent processing processes are where they use the video identification system, hence why upon upload your commercial is automatically identified as using SCEA content and where they determine if a video is of sufficient quality to warrant the HD option or even the high quality option although who knows how they actually determine that considering how many videos are uploaded to YouTube a minute it definitely can't be humans doing the work.
Old 29-08-2009   #9
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
the videos cool i know i wouldnt be able do that kind of stuff rite now

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #10
PCN Master
Well I finished my second cut of my commercial, I've evened out out the amount of time each trailer gets for time and added the Ratchet and Clank trailer as the last part of the commercial. So now it goes ModNation Racers, MAG, Gran Turismo 5 and then Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time.
Old 31-10-2009   #11
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
you guys used movie maker for them? :O oooh
Old 31-10-2009   #12
SuperStaff
No never touch movie maker
Old 31-10-2009   #13
PCN Master
I edited with Windows Movie Maker but Dustin used Sony Vegas as shown in the below quote from a response in this thread. The only reason I used it is because I don't have access to Adobe Premiere software otherwise I would use it in a heartbeat although to Movie Maker's credit it does output in HD and if you have some decent graphics software you can do a lot with it, not nearly as much as Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas, but Movie Maker does a fine job for what most people should need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
thanks to sony vegas. Editing it was a pain in the ass lol.
EDIT: Darn, you beat me to the punch

Last edited by X_Racer1; 31-10-2009 at 05:52 PM..
Old 31-10-2009   #14
SuperStaff
I use Movie MK for credits, since neither of my programs do credits. However I just updated to 7, downloaded Movie MK again and they screwed up everything, at least to me they did.

TBH I did not know it did HD though, Ill have to remember that for sure. Vegas does 1080 as well and ive just been using that. With vista wow it sucked the life out of my computer, with 7 it was literlly nothing...

Gonna get Premiere Pro from school soon...shh...lol I just got After Efects CS4.
Old 31-10-2009   #15
PCN Master
As far as I remember in Windows 7 you have to download what they refer to as Windows Live Movie Maker, if that's the case I hate to say I have that version along with Windows Movie Maker that came with Vista and while the Live version can output HD 1080p same as the Vista version, it's listed under the save settings but yes they took a lot out of it, it doesn't even have a timeline view where the Vista version did and while it didn't support multiple tracks, if you were creative you could use the music track over the video audio track. No denying though Windows Movie Maker (not the Live version) is hard on computers, on my older HP laptop you would notice if you were saving the final file to disk or just trying to move through the timeline. My current machine though doesn't suffer that problem mainly because of the power difference and the fact Movie Maker is 64bit software where the Windows Live version only available as 32bit software.
Old 31-10-2009   #16
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
ahh! i know its crap thats why i was wondering because i seen up there you said you used it haha! i want adobe after effects but its to costly for me lol i usually just use my flip HD cam for any recording, its own software allows you to simply snip scenes aswell :D
Old 31-10-2009   #17
SuperStaff
Quote:
As far as I remember in Windows 7 you have to download what they refer to as Windows Live Movie Maker
Yeah its apart of "Windows Essentials" when you first install. They didnt want to clutter your HDD with things you didnt need and left it on a download basis only. Vista did it too, but it wouldnt let me get the old movie maker.

When you say power your referring to graphics and what not right? Gotta say my Alienware out performs alot of Apple computers my friends have. We had a movie to render, i said wth give it to me Ill render it and they laughed. Did it at the same time, my laptop was 15 to 20 minutes faster than the Mac.

Im trying to win an HD flip camera from a contest currently. My camera isn't HD its just HQ, basically one step below HD. I just tweak it in Vegas to make it look cleaner, alot of filters lol.
Old 31-10-2009   #18
PCN Master
Vista came with the original Movie Maker pre-loaded on your machine, you didn't need to download it, you could download the Live version if you wanted it, but the original is always there and available. That being said, there is a way to an old version for Windows Vista that's lighter, Microsoft actually publishes a version for Vista machines with video cards that can't handle the normal version.

As to the power thing I was actually referring to the fact the graphics, RAM and processor in my new machine are all better than my previous laptop, my old one had 128MB shared video memory, 2.5GB of RAM, 32 bit Windows Vista Home Premium and a AMD Turion 64 Dual Core at 1.6GHz while my new machine is 1GB dedicated video memory, 4GB of RAM, 64 bit Windows Vista Home Premium (soon to become Windows 7 Vista Home Premium in dual boot with my 64 bit copy of Windows Vista) and a Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000 at 2GHz. Compared to current Mac laptops available at Futureshop, my machine beats the current most expensive model in specs, that one carries a Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM and a 500GB hard drive, while the processor in the Mac is clocked higher I have the two extra cores, identical amount of RAM, identical hard drive space (although my hard drive spins faster at 7,200 RPM) and identical size screen and screen features. The only thing that Mac has over mine is the potential to have 8 hours of battery life although I'm sure that's rather optimistic under normal conditions.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 31-10-2009 at 07:19 PM..
Old 31-10-2009   #19
SuperStaff
Actually its one thing ill give Apple. All the high perfomance PC's i use dont last that long on a battery. Like mine being Alienware you have a switch that turns off everything to make it last a few hours (shuts off a majority of the graphics card(s), slows down the CPU, and takes up less RAM etc...) but then whats the point?

I like your comp, how much was it? Looking for something like that, maybe a new Alienware with an i7 dont know yet.
Old 31-10-2009   #20
PCN Master
$1299 after it was discounted $200 on sale, unfortunately my machine was discontinued just 3 weeks after it went on sale and was replaced with an HP i7 (quad core) machine that costs $500 more, has a lower clock speed on it's processor and most likely either identical battery life or lower, mine can last probably 2-3 hours when I turn on the Power Saver plan (which is more than usable, in fact I leave it on that setting even when plugged in, I have yet to max it to the point where I need to turn on the high performance plan), probably more than eight if I shut the lid and just let it sit there but why would you. The only thing that's better on it is it has 6GB of DDR3 where mine has 4GB of DDR2, but the difference between DDR2 and 3 is so negligible and I can upgrade mine to 8GB for less than $300 where 4GB DDR3 chips cost around that much for one chip. But an identical model, just the US version is still available from Newegg.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 31-10-2009 at 07:40 PM..