Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Off Topic
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 15-10-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Leaving (At Least For Now)

Well I'm taking at least a temporary leave of absence from the forums to focus on some personal things and because quite honestly the actual forum activity has dropped significantly over the past few months. Very few threads ever see responses from anyone in the community and when we do see responses, it's always from the same few members who are always here (not that I don't like the consistent members).

Another contributing factor is losing my PS3, as without a working console I have little reason/incentive to keep posting new info on PS3 games and hardware or responding to threads about the PS3. I'm also now in a position where I'm reconsidering even buying another PS3 as Sony isn't exactly in my good books right now due to how they decided to treat a loyal customer to the PlayStation platform. In fact thanks to owning a decent PC I might not even buy another console at all or if I do it might end up being an XBOX 360.

Anyway I won't completely disappear either, knowing myself I will probably still log-in to the forums at some point and if you want to reach me, I will still exist on YouTube and Twitter but as of now I won't be posting any new threads and my thread responses will be extremely limited if I respond at all. I will say if I decide later on to leave permanently or have a date of return, I will post an update to this thread indicating so.
Old 16-10-2010   #2
Staff
Ok, cool. Keep in touch X_Racer1, you will be missed.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Your a big asset to the community so hopefully your back soon! I always make sure the staff know who our good community members are haha
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #4
PCN Master
Well despite everything, I've found over the past two weeks it's hard for me to stay away from looking at the forums at least once a day so I will say I will definitely be appearing more often (and because over the past two weeks, forum activity has also gone up noticeably). With that said, I still don't plan on going full tilt and returning to posting news posts in the forums but you will see more of me from this point on (especially since I just started a new forum giveaway with some ModNation Racers DLC I had laying around). When I am ready to return to full out posting, I will indicate here as well.
Old 03-11-2010   #5
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Glad to have you backl...Well, I guess you really never left....Yes I agree PS3center is addictive.....How's your view of Sony/PlayStation now? Are you still upset? Understandable, it's how I became a PS3 fan... I felt that Xbox and the RROD was just a very bad experience for me. So I'm not a big fan of Xbox. Still own one though...
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #6
PCN Master
Still ****ed as hell at them over the **** treatment Sony has for customers outside of warranty and I'm not the only one, the BBB website revealed that Sony Computer Entertainment America has a BBB rating of F, where their competitors at Microsoft and Nintendo maintain A ratings. I mean they can't solve everything and both Microsoft and Nintendo don't just cave in to everything but at least they make a better effort than Sony does and both have owned up to major issues with their consoles, again something Sony has failed to do.

For now I've switched to PC gaming as my laptop has enough power under the hood to play a lot of the more recent games (Mass Effect is the next game in the pipeline to buy) and quite honestly the future console plans remain in the air. I mean I've got a BBB complaint opened with SCEA, but considering past experiences I don't imagine it will go well, or anywhere for that matter.
Old 03-11-2010   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
glad to have you back man
what have you been playing as of lately?
Old 03-11-2010   #8
PCN Master
Lately, OpenTTD, Left 4 Dead 2 with a few rounds of the Worms Reloaded Demo/Worms 3D (PS2) every once in awhile. Weird thing is, I got my PS2 from my house last time I was home and I've barely turned the thing on, despite bringing almost 30 games back with me (including the first 3 Metal Gear Solid games).
Old 03-11-2010   #9
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
that's what I've been like with my PS3, I've barely touched the thing even though I brought all of my games to residence with me, I've been favouring PC gaming lately