Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion > Technical Support
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 22-03-2010   #1
"The New Guy"
HELP please. "The Attempt To Obtain the IP address timed out"

Okay, here's my problem. "the attempt to obtain the IP address timed out. WEP key you entered may not be correct ps3" I know i entered the correct WEP key because i disconnect my laptop and reenter the WEP key to log right back onto the internet. What do I need to do. I have a Movie pending in my download, and would like to watch the movie and play my pending downloading games before my 14 days are up. Can anyone help or direct me somewhere to get this fix please? Thank you.
SirRicky85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010   #2
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
I'm gonna assume you're trying to connect wirelessly?
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010   #3
"The New Guy"
you are correct. i'm trying to connect using wireless.
Old 22-03-2010   #4
Staff
Have you added the PS3's MAC address into the router? Otherwise it may not be able to connect to it at all.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010   #5
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
Have you ever connected with the PS3? What was the last thing that happened before it stopped working? I would try resetting your router and set a static IP. If all else fails, and you really wanna connect to the internet to DL your movie, just hardwire it up and let it download.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010   #6
"The New Guy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak View Post
Have you added the PS3's MAC address into the router? Otherwise it may not be able to connect to it at all.
I have not. I've search and found out that I need to tap into my router and enter the MAC address and maybe DNS name into my router. I'll try that as soon as I get home..., but the funny thing is. I just disconnect my ps3 that I had hooked up to my TV and plugged it back in (had to do some cleaning) and then I had no internet after that. I was downloading a Movie and a game, so my girlfriend and I can watch and play. Now I can't finish downloading the Movie and the game.
Old 22-03-2010   #7
"The New Guy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Have you ever connected with the PS3? What was the last thing that happened before it stopped working? I would try resetting your router and set a static IP. If all else fails, and you really wanna connect to the internet to DL your movie, just hardwire it up and let it download.
yeah it was connected to the internet a few days ago. last thing that i did was disconnecting the power supply and hdmi to move the ps3 real quick. i try resetting the router, but haven't try to set up a static IP. I will give that a try too. hardwire is probably the last thing I would want to do. I would need a long cable for that.
Old 19-04-2010   #8
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
This should be a rather easy setup. All my settings are set to auto on my PS3. My wireless router issues IP's dynamically and I have multiple wireless devices in my home. I have turned off my PS3 countless times with no issues. If your router can do WPA instead of WEP then try switching to WPA (it's better than WEP) if not then you have to make sure all characters are 100% correct when entering the WEP which can be quit troublesome on Dual Shock. Also WEP is easily hacked. If you are in an apartment bldg some one might have your IP addresses and could be using them.

I'm not sure if you have multiple wireless devices but I would try to connect all of them at the same time and see what happens. Then try your PS3 as well. Then do the opposite disconnect all wireless devices and try to connect the PS3. It almost sounds like the IP that your PS3 is using is taken by another device.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote