News -

Users Having Issues with Latest Update
Posted on January 27, 2009 by Dustin S.

UPDATE: http://www.ps3center.net/news/2237/playstation-3-firmware-update-help/

Dockwatcher says:
I've downloaded this update, can you delete an update ?
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 07:00:32
bigmac says:
anyone else having a problem besides me. never had a problem with my 80G until the 2.60 update. my system won't boot up now. it's stuck in the red blinking red light mode. my system is out of warranty and it'll cost $150.00 to send it into sony to get it fix. i hope sony has a better solution than this problem.
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 09:30:39
danfry says:
Hey bigmac, My old launch PS3 died on me - it was 18 months old. I had the same problem, when I switched on the PS3, the internal fans would rev up as usual, but then before the PS3 came up on the screen, it would bleep 3 times quickly - then it would go back to a blinking red light in standby mode. I called Sony Customer Services on the off-chance they could do something. My PS3 was 18 months old at this point and Sony agreed to swap out my faulty PS3!! They arranged a courier to come and swap out my PS3 for a reconditioned PS3 of the same spec (60gig). They called a day later to confirm that they were replacing my PS3, but that they were currently out of stock of the recon 60gig units. They then explained that they would give me a free, brand new 80gig PS3!!! Amazing, Sony have first class Customer Support. They did all of this without me having to say a single negative word, I even told them on the first call that my PS3 was out of warranty and they said "no problem". If you haven't yet, I strongly urge you to give Sony a call. Good luck with it. My sympathy is with you.
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 12:56:49
danfry says:
P.S. I am from the UK. I hope that doesn't make a difference.
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 12:59:10
bigmac says:
danfry, i called sony yesterday for help and they want $150.00 to fix the problem. before i started going off on the guy, i hunged up on him.
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 14:15:35
Dustin S. says:
To help. Dockwatcher no you cannot delete the update, and your "forced " to update if you want online. The probaem from what i have witnessed seems to be a corruption while downloading, since your already got it and are fine id just stay away from the photo feature for now. Sony will be releasing a update soon. bigmac according to a Sony rep, the problem is just firrmware but i dont know how they plan to fix it in your case. If you read the agreement though it says Sony is not liable for things like this.....However its a wide known issue and if they dont fix it they are gonna get in some trouble. Thats all i know so far.
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 15:16:25
bigmac says:
Dustin, thanks for the info. I'll just sit tight for now and see what Sony has to say.
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 15:34:26
funkyfresh007 says:
Its like SONY trying to sabotage our systems so we buy new ones what the hell
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 20:35:45
pb2au says:
Dustin S. Is there a link that shows Sony's comment on the glitch in firmware?
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 22:25:41
pb2au says:
Dustin S. Is there a link that shows Sony's comment on the glitch in firmware?
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 22:25:41
funkyfresh007 says:
Its like SONY trying to sabotage our systems so we buy new ones what the hell
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 20:35:45
bigmac says:
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 15:34:26
Dustin S. says:
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 15:16:25
bigmac says:
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 14:15:35
danfry says:
P.S. I am from the UK. I hope that doesn't make a difference.
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 12:59:10
danfry says:
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 12:56:49
bigmac says:
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 09:30:39
Dockwatcher says:
I've downloaded this update, can you delete an update ?
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 07:00:32
Dockwatcher says:
I've downloaded this update, can you delete an update ?
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 07:00:32
bigmac says:
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 09:30:39
danfry says:
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 12:56:49
danfry says:
P.S. I am from the UK. I hope that doesn't make a difference.
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 12:59:10
bigmac says:
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 14:15:35
Dustin S. says:
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 15:16:25
bigmac says:
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 15:34:26
funkyfresh007 says:
Its like SONY trying to sabotage our systems so we buy new ones what the hell
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 20:35:45
pb2au says:
Dustin S. Is there a link that shows Sony's comment on the glitch in firmware?
Posted on Jan 27, 2009 22:25:41

Top 10 News Stories

Rankings based on last 7 days of user activity

E3 09 - Sony Press Conference Montage E3 09 - Sony Press Conference...
Posted June 7, 2009
Category: Events
Guitar Hero Metallica - The Game Guitar Hero Metallica - The Game
Posted March 30, 2009
Category: Videos
Guitar Hero Metallica - The Music Guitar Hero Metallica - The M...
Posted March 30, 2009
Category: Videos

Latest Comments
1. Original Resistance 3 Box Art... 1 Comment(s)
2. PS3 Releases for June 2012 1 Comment(s)
3. DmC Dev: 'I don't care if it ... 1 Comment(s)
4. Zen Studios Announces Zen Pin... 1 Comment(s)
5. Ni No Kuni Coming to Europe i... 1 Comment(s)
6. PS3 Releases for February 2012 1 Comment(s)
7. The Last of Us Characters Loo... 1 Comment(s)
8. Insomniac Explains Why Resist... 1 Comment(s)
9. Win Call of Duty Black Ops Es... 6 Comment(s)
10. PS3's 'PSP Remaster' Games Ca... 1 Comment(s)

Rankings based on user comment activity