News -

Kojima Productions: Do you really want Zone of the Enders 3?
Posted on April 20, 2009 by Nick

Though luminary game designer Hideo Kojima's most prominent franchise is the Metal Gear Solid franchise, his anime-inspired mech series, Zone of the Enders, has a special place in the hearts of many gamers.  The series has been on a 6 year hiatus, and the chances of another entry into the franchise is questionable, despite the success of both the spinoff GameBoy games and the the anime series.

However, it looks like their may still be a chance for a third Zone of the Enders title.  In the latest episode of the Metal Gear Solid Integral podcast, the crew at Kojima Productions talk extensively about the franchise.  They know that Zone of the Enders is a popular series amongst the diehard Kojima fans, but they question "How many people really want Zone of the Enders a sequel?", putting emphasis on the casual gamers, rather than the hardcore ones.  The discussion ends with Aki Saito saying "if there's so many people wanting to see Zone of the Enders, why not put the priority on top, a little further up, you know, but we just want to know.", encouraging listeners to "make sure you write your comments and we'll check your comments out".

So if you or someone you know wants to see a Zone of the Enders 3, make sure you let KJP know here!

EIN says:
I will poop bricks if they make ZOE III... I hope this ain't teasing
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 17:53:32
Daemon Gildas says:
I would love a Zone of the Enders 3. Kojima, if you're reading this, make it happen! But focus around Leo; I think if he was aged again (maybe like mid-twenties?) he would be a likable character. Dingo just looked to generic; white hair is hard to relate with. Be sure to give Leo a little scruff, too; not a full-fledged beard or anything, but enough that he *looks* mid-twenties.
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 20:28:51
LEGENDARY_SNAKE says:
I would LOVE a ZOE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please make it happen Kojima. You are the man!
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 20:54:40
Pancaka says:
HELL YES! Like every fan of the game I'm going to have some quips or suggestions that will probably never be heard, but I'll voice my opinions anyway! 1. No more animated cut scenes 2. Minor part customization. 3. Online Versus (and co-op?) game play mode(s) Also it would be cool if there was a Special edition version with a Jehuty figure that had both games packaged on a separate disc that would be AWESOME (even though I already have both of them on PS2). Also, the biggest negatives for the game in some peoples eyes is the cut scenes and the targeting system so targeting should be a higher priority area of concentration for the developers. I REALLY love the game and there is so much potential for greatness for a game like ZOE on the PS3. All it needs is some fine tuning, some account of past mistakes, feedback from people who played the game and a hell of a lot more advertising than past installments. GO ZOE!!!
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 21:04:22
Daemon Gildas says:
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 21:05:59
Daemon Gildas says:
Sorry about the double-post! Well, might as well add; give us Anubis for playing in the single-player mode! I'd love to play all the other Orbital Frames as well, but Anubis was just pimp.
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 21:07:35
Otakuchin says:
I would do any thing just to have ZOE 3 on the ps3. Its my favorite mech game.
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 21:29:20
thekbob says:
I registered to this site just to say: YES ZONE OF THE ENDERS 3. I just got around to playing 2 not but 2 weeks ago and wow... the game looked and played phenomenally. I can only hope for something with better anime cutscenes, more explosive graphics, more gameplay (longer, if you can!), and just sheer insanity that was pulled off like in MGS4. Please, please, please.
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 22:17:12
GrayFox says:
Yes, ZOE 3 is a must!!!!....... Be it on PS3 or Xbox 360 i dont care, i just want to play the game NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....... ps..... xbox 360 version plz, i dont have a ps3 anymore.
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 22:21:48
Rabbitking says:
I would love to see a ZOE III. Zoe II was one of the best games I've ever played and I'd love to see what Kojima could do with a third installment.
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 22:22:31
BALLIN says:
I will buy a ps3 if you make ZOE 3.
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 23:51:00
Bullet747 says:
YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES! I made an account just to say this! It's one of the greatest games I've played! DO IT! PLEASE! 'I'm on my knees man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on Apr 21, 2009 00:55:51
Azzwanker says:
YES I WANT, if you make it as good as part 1. Please make it :) Loved the games, and please give me also a new MGS :)
Posted on Apr 21, 2009 03:42:47
Leoto says:
I DO! I DO! IDO IDO IDO IDOIDOIDO!! D´: I really do want ZOE3! And I actually love MGS more than ZOE but I really believe Kojimas pressures would ease if Solid Snake would have his earned rest (for a while). If kojima would make MGS5 later it would be better than MGS5 he would make now. (MGS5now Suberb Game Not So Happy Kojima -> not so Suberb Game So I'm begging of you PLEASE! Let Kojima express himself freely!
Posted on Apr 21, 2009 04:55:45
Dai Arashi says:
Zone of the Enders is a beautiful series. Although a little short, the last one was amazing...you could really feel the power of the orbital frame in that game. I do think you should make a ZOE III. I'd buy it immediately. Frankly the storyline was amazing...although it better stick around high performance orbital frames, otherwise, the 'high-speed' feel of it would be gone...
Posted on Apr 21, 2009 13:34:03
cause_of_chaos says:
Definatley woult love a new one. I think ZOE2 was Kojima's best game and visually was awesome - much more stylish than the MGS series on the same platform (though those game still looked awesome). The ZOE universe is awesome - if Konami can create another masterpiece, it might just be the best game of this generation...
Posted on Apr 22, 2009 18:02:01
Hellangel8989 says:
ZOE III, Damn it will be a dream come true. ZOE was one of the greatest games i ever played, and for a long time there was not game out there that had it complete package, story, game control, music, all compounded to make a great game. The crazy thought about it was that i purchased the 1st ZOE just to play the MGS 2 and after i finished playing the demo i said what the heck let me try it i spend $50 bucks; And oh man i was hooked, the crazy fast battle system it was like watching Armored Core with Dragon Ball Z attributes, and when ZOE 2 came out and intergrated the cell shaded look to the game, and the upgrades to Jehuty espacially naked jehuty. Damn i hope it comes out i will buy back my PS3 or sale my 360 to play it.
Posted on May 1, 2009 16:03:40
crazy_milkshake says:
I'm a Brazilian so... Sorry for my english. MAKE THIS GAME!!! Im BIG fan of a mech anime/games, and ZOE changed my Life! THE BEST GAME!!!!! Final fantsy, onimusha,devil may cry and my girlfriend are nothing compared to this!!!!!!
Posted on May 8, 2009 10:17:16
siastus says:
Please make a Zone of the Enders 2nd runner sequel....or ZOE 3. Kojima already stated that ZOE 3 was high on his list of "things to do" and I hope he acknowledges this soon.
Posted on Jun 17, 2009 10:39:13
v1ctem says:
i would buy ZOE 3 instantly... so make it reality !!... but if not.. i would be satisfied if you would bring ZOE and ZOE 2nd runner to the PS3 your choice ;)
Posted on Apr 13, 2010 16:37:57
liquid(NYC) says:
why even ask..kojima yes make this happen (1.)GRAPHICS more details keep it the same just add more shadow,lighting color,detail,blur effect..FULLY (1080p)HD!..(ANIMATION) movement wise like (naruto) they as in NAMCO BANDAI capture the exact movement that you see on the anime...wich was perfect in not saying to play like naruto cause zoe has the best gameplay if you ask me ok back to the game (SOUND)HD DTS! and more if so you guys really do and put time into your Sound Track..look at killzone 2 god of war gears of war gt5 naruto sc4 oh one more DRAKES..the name speaks for its self how can i for get MSG4 show something at E3...if you can make it cg real time then call it your best project everything as you see the game must be eye caching even the stars the stages just flying around will shock you keep the same gameplay make it more flexible chose weapons in the middle of a fight and lots of style again like i said lots of detail this will be your biggest hit...add some water rain jungle sunset better galaxy interact with background even when your fighting with someone keep it at a fast paste like part 2 bigger bosses hey maybe add co op mode that will be something new for the fans...remember you have all the power in your hands is PS3 Not 360!
Posted on Apr 25, 2010 06:57:42
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 21:04:22
Daemon Gildas says:
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 21:05:59
Daemon Gildas says:
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 21:07:35
Otakuchin says:
I would do any thing just to have ZOE 3 on the ps3. Its my favorite mech game.
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 21:29:20
thekbob says:
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 22:17:12
GrayFox says:
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 22:21:48
Rabbitking says:
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 22:22:31
BALLIN says:
I will buy a ps3 if you make ZOE 3.
Posted on Apr 20, 2009 23:51:00
v1ctem says:
Posted on Apr 13, 2010 16:37:57
liquid(NYC) says:
Posted on Apr 25, 2010 06:57:42

Top 10 News Stories

Rankings based on last 7 days of user activity

E3 09 - Sony Press Conference Montage E3 09 - Sony Press Conference...
Posted June 7, 2009
Category: Events
Guitar Hero Metallica - The Game Guitar Hero Metallica - The Game
Posted March 30, 2009
Category: Videos
Guitar Hero Metallica - The Music Guitar Hero Metallica - The M...
Posted March 30, 2009
Category: Videos

Latest Comments
1. Original Resistance 3 Box Art... 1 Comment(s)
2. PS3 Releases for June 2012 1 Comment(s)
3. DmC Dev: 'I don't care if it ... 1 Comment(s)
4. Zen Studios Announces Zen Pin... 1 Comment(s)
5. Ni No Kuni Coming to Europe i... 1 Comment(s)
6. PS3 Releases for February 2012 1 Comment(s)
7. The Last of Us Characters Loo... 1 Comment(s)
8. Insomniac Explains Why Resist... 1 Comment(s)
9. Win Call of Duty Black Ops Es... 6 Comment(s)
10. PS3's 'PSP Remaster' Games Ca... 1 Comment(s)

Rankings based on user comment activity