News -

Gaikai On-Demand Gaming Possible on PS3
Posted on July 4, 2009 by Shak

Gaikai is a new service from David Perry which promises on-demand gaming through your web browser. The technology is currently in closed beta, but looks to be very promising.

When asked whether this service would be accessible from the PS3 web browser, David Perry replied:

"YES, it's PERFECT for low memory or non-3D environments as we are just streaming video. So yes, if Sony wanted, we could make this happen. I've not had the time to get into that discussion with them yet."

If this is true, it gives everyone yet another reason to have a web browser as standard on their console. Also if you view the video below, you'll notice that this technology isn't only limited to PC games.

If you'd like to view a video demonstration of Gaikai in action click here.

PS3 Releases for September 2013 August 31, 2013
 Naughty Dog Comments on Jak & Daxter 4 July 31, 2013
 PS3 Releases for August 2013 July 28, 2013
 PS3 Releases for July 2013 July 2, 2013
 Beyond: Two Souls Release Date Confirmed for Europe June 3, 2013

SaintAvi says:
Eh..with the games for onlive being rumored to be the full price of a standard release, I'll stick to my hard copies that'll work whenever my internet is down
Posted on Jul 4, 2009 10:20:45
OwnU4eva says:
I'm also not sure with this type of gaming, like above I would rather stick with my hard copies of games.
Posted on Jul 5, 2009 03:30:35
Jordan says:
Onlive would only be worth it if the games were significantly cheaper. Hardcopy FTW (at the moment at least)
Posted on Jul 6, 2009 10:48:35
OwnU4eva says:
Posted on Jul 5, 2009 03:30:35
Jordan says:
Posted on Jul 6, 2009 10:48:35

Top 10 News Stories

Rankings based on last 7 days of user activity

E3 09 - Sony Press Conference Montage E3 09 - Sony Press Conference...
Posted June 7, 2009
Category: Events
Guitar Hero Metallica - The Game Guitar Hero Metallica - The Game
Posted March 30, 2009
Category: Videos
Guitar Hero Metallica - The Music Guitar Hero Metallica - The M...
Posted March 30, 2009
Category: Videos

Latest Comments
1. Original Resistance 3 Box Art... 1 Comment(s)
2. PS3 Releases for June 2012 1 Comment(s)
3. DmC Dev: 'I don't care if it ... 1 Comment(s)
4. Zen Studios Announces Zen Pin... 1 Comment(s)
5. Ni No Kuni Coming to Europe i... 1 Comment(s)
6. PS3 Releases for February 2012 1 Comment(s)
7. The Last of Us Characters Loo... 1 Comment(s)
8. Insomniac Explains Why Resist... 1 Comment(s)
9. Win Call of Duty Black Ops Es... 6 Comment(s)
10. PS3's 'PSP Remaster' Games Ca... 1 Comment(s)

Rankings based on user comment activity