News -

Rumor: SOCOM 4 in development
Posted on July 5, 2009 by Nick

The SOCOM franchise is no stranger to Sony platforms, with 9 entries spanning across Sony's all 3 of their most recent platforms.  However, it has been nearly 4 years since the last main entry into the series has hit shelves, with SOCOM 3's launch back in 2005.  According to PCB Production's credits page, it looks like the draught may be over though, to the delight of SOCOM fans across the world.

The digital content creation studio, which has worked on several games in the past, has been working on some motion capture assets for SOCOM 4, a PlayStation 3 title currently in development.  A quick look back at some cached versions of the website show that the title was added sometime within the past year.

With MAG due to hit shelves this fall, it can only make you wonder if perhaps Zipper Interactive has started some preliminary work on a SOCOM 4.  Slant Six, responsible for the ill-received SOCOM: Confrontation, is currently working on Fireteam Bravo 3 for the PSP.

PS3 Releases for September 2013 August 31, 2013
 Naughty Dog Comments on Jak & Daxter 4 July 31, 2013
 PS3 Releases for August 2013 July 28, 2013
 PS3 Releases for July 2013 July 2, 2013
 Beyond: Two Souls Release Date Confirmed for Europe June 3, 2013

Dustin S. says:
If it is in development lets hope Zipper is the ones working on it. Slant 6 had their shot at Socom and failed miserbly...Confrontatation has some potential but the updates are beyond annoying now.
Posted on Jul 5, 2009 18:30:43
LewisEn7 says:
great news if its true :D i like confrontation now that its pretty much fixed haha, but yeah id would be better if zipper made this :D
Posted on Jul 5, 2009 19:03:51
OwnU4eva says:
I enjoyed GRAW2 and I think it got picked on a bit. I never played Confrontation cause I didn't want to use up my HDD space, Lets see what they have for us next.
Posted on Jul 5, 2009 22:14:45
LewisEn7 says:
Posted on Jul 5, 2009 19:03:51
OwnU4eva says:
Posted on Jul 5, 2009 22:14:45

Top 10 News Stories

Rankings based on last 7 days of user activity

E3 09 - Sony Press Conference Montage E3 09 - Sony Press Conference...
Posted June 7, 2009
Category: Events
Guitar Hero Metallica - The Game Guitar Hero Metallica - The Game
Posted March 30, 2009
Category: Videos
Guitar Hero Metallica - The Music Guitar Hero Metallica - The M...
Posted March 30, 2009
Category: Videos

Latest Comments
1. Original Resistance 3 Box Art... 1 Comment(s)
2. PS3 Releases for June 2012 1 Comment(s)
3. DmC Dev: 'I don't care if it ... 1 Comment(s)
4. Zen Studios Announces Zen Pin... 1 Comment(s)
5. Ni No Kuni Coming to Europe i... 1 Comment(s)
6. PS3 Releases for February 2012 1 Comment(s)
7. The Last of Us Characters Loo... 1 Comment(s)
8. Insomniac Explains Why Resist... 1 Comment(s)
9. Win Call of Duty Black Ops Es... 6 Comment(s)
10. PS3's 'PSP Remaster' Games Ca... 1 Comment(s)

Rankings based on user comment activity