Celebrating the iconic film “Days of Thunder,” Paramount Digital Entertainment and NASCAR invite gamers to enter the high-stakes world of stock car racing in the adrenaline-packed Days of Thunder: NASCAR Edition (DOT:NE), featuring some of the top racers in NASCAR. In DOT:NE players will learn their way around the track with the guidance of their coach and pit chief, Rowdy Burns, voiced by the actor from the film, Michael Rooker. On the circuit, players will race against both NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers and the other characters from the film, including Cole Trickle and Russ Wheeler. With both single and multiplayer challenges, players race to reach victory lane and prove that “there is nothing you can’t do in a race car!”
• Four Single Player Modes:
o Quick Race: Put the pedal to the metal in a quick spin around some legendary NASCAR-sanctioned tracks.
o Time Trial: Determine your starting position in future races with a time trial.
o Career Mode: Players race in four different circuits at varying difficulty levels.
o Derby Mode: An unlockable mode, players who deal the most destruction without breaking down win.
• Race on Top NASCAR-sanctioned tracks:
o Daytona International Speedway
o Darlington Raceway
o Phoenix International Raceway
o Auto Club Speedway
o Homestead-Miami Speedway
o Kansas Speedway
o Martinsville Speedway
o Michigan International Speedway
o Richmond International Raceway
o Talladega Superspeedway
• Take on the Film’s Drivers: With AI designed to match the film, players will need to watch out for Cole Trickle’s aggressive, rash driving, Rowdy Burn's experienced techniques and Russ Wheeler’s temper.
• Online Multiplayer: Through PSN, up to 12 players can swap paint and race to the top of leader boards
• Compete Against Top NASCAR Sprint Cup Drivers:
o Jimmie Johnson
o Mark Martin
o Kurt Busch
o Denny Hamlin
o Tony Stewart
o Greg Biffle
o Juan Montoya
o Ryan Newman
o Kasey Kahne
o Carl Edwards
o Brian Vickers
o Jeff Gordon
• Choose From Three Types of Cars From the Film:
o Accelerator: Russ Wheeler accelerates the fastest, but as the lightest car it’s also the most vulnerable.
o Regulator: Cole Trickle’s car has a balance of speed, weight, durability and acceleration.
o Intimidator: Rowdy Burns’ car has the slowest acceleration but the fastest top speed. Driving the heaviest car does have its advantages - it can also take and deliver the most damage.
• Draft Past Drivers Like the Pros: “Drop the hammer,” drive directly behind another car to minimize air resistance and preserve horsepower, then hit the throttle to surge past other drivers.
• Focus: Navigate out of pile-ups by putting the action around you in slow motion
• “And Rubbin,’ Son, Is Racin’!”: Cars take on damage in real time. Watch the damage meter - when the car has taken a few too many beatings, it’s time to hit the pit for repairs.
• Go “Over the Wall” and Hit the Pit: The pit is all about speed - quickly punch buttons in this mini-game to fill up with fuel, repair damage, and build up your hammer meter.
• Select Sponsors: Players’ driving styles will be monitored by an in-game tracking system, allowing players to be approached by like-minded sponsors.
• SIXAXIS Support: Steer your car with motion control.
• Trade Paint: Performance upgrades let you customize the look and feel of your car, whether you like to speed or if you prefer to grip the asphalt around those turns.
• Earn PSN Trophies: Show your friends that “you can’t outrun the thunder!”